These Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites are delicious on every level. The end result is a succulent dish perfect for an appetizer or meal.
If you’re looking for a delicious, hands-off way to make steak bites, look no further than these Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites! This tender and succulent dish makes an excellent weeknight meal or delightful appetizer. Once you put the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn it on, all that’s left to do is wait for your taste buds to be tantalized. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this flavorful dish.
Why You’ll Love Crock Pot Steak Bites Recipe
- Sweet and Savory Flavors – The honey garlic marinade for Honey Garlic Steak Bites offers the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors.
- Easy to Prepare – Slow cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites are incredibly easy to make, no babysitting required! It’s a simple way to prepare a tasty meal with minimal effort.
- Irresistible Combination – The combination of tender steak with sweet honey and garlic is simply irresistible!
Ingredients Needed for Buttery Garlic steak
- Stew Beef – Stew beef is a cut of beef that is ideal for slow cooking. It has a tender, juicy texture and full-bodied flavor that works perfectly in the Honey Garlic Steak Bites recipe.
- Sesame Oil – Sesame oil adds a nutty, earthy flavor to the steak bites. A little goes a long way, so use it sparingly but don’t skip it as it’s an essential part of the flavorful marinade.
- Garlic Cloves – Garlic cloves provide an aromatic and slightly spicy flavor to the marinade, which helps balance out the sweetness of the honey. Use fresh garlic cloves for best results!
- Honey – Honey adds sweetness and depth of flavor to the steak bites. For a richer flavor, try using dark amber honey or raw honey.
- Ketchup – Ketchup adds tomato-y richness and a hint of acidity to the dish, helping to round out all the flavors in this delicious skillet meal.
- Soy Sauce – Soy sauce provides umami notes to this recipe. Use low sodium soy sauce if desired for less saltiness and reduced sodium content in your dish.
- Dried Oregano – Dried oregano provides an herbal yet tangy taste that helps bring out all the other flavors in this recipe. Be generous with your use of dried oregano!
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish) – Adding sesame seeds as a garnish completes this dish with texture and crunch, plus they look pretty too! Toast them before sprinkling over your steak bites for extra flavor.
- Fresh Parsley or Scallions (for garnish) – Garnishing your steak bites with fresh parsley or scallions brings color, freshness, and extra crunch, not to mention lots of extra nutrition too!
- Cornstarch – Cornstarch helps thicken up the marinade for these steak bites so that it can better cling onto each piece of meat and give them maximum flavor after cooking.
How to Store Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites
Storing Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites is easy! Allow the steak bites to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container. Place the steak bites in the refrigerator, and they should last up to 5 days. For best results, reheat them on the stove or in a skillet rather than the microwave so that you can get that nice golden-brown exterior back again.
Common Questions for Crock Pot Steak Bites Recipe Below
Can you cook meat with honey?
Yes, you can cook meat with honey! Honey is a great sweetener and tenderizer for meats, as it helps to create a juicy texture and enhances the flavor. When cooking with honey, it’s important to be mindful of how much you’re using so that your dish doesn’t become overly sweet. You can use honey in marinades, glazes, or sauces when cooking meats like pork, chicken, or beef. It’s also great for slow-cooked dishes such as stews or pot roasts.
Is honey on steak good?
Yes, honey on steak is a delicious combination! Honey adds a nice sweetness to the steak, making it more flavorful and juicy. To make honey steak, you can brush the steak with honey before or after cooking it. You can also mix honey with other ingredients, such as garlic or herbs, to create a marinade for the steak.
What are steak bites made of?
Steak bites are small chunks of steak that are usually cooked in a pan or skillet with some oil and butter. The steak is usually cut into cubes or other bite-sized pieces, then seasoned with salt, pepper, and your desired seasonings. Steak bites can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or entree. They are very versatile and delicious!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will please the whole family. The steak bites are cooked in a slow cooker with honey, garlic, and other seasonings for an incredibly flavorful meal. You can easily serve these steak bites as an appetizer or main course for a tasty and satisfying dinner.
This steak bites recipe is a quick dinner idea with a big pile of mashed potatoes!
This is one of those recipes you will come back to time and time again because its so good and just so flavorful!
The sauce is my favorite part because it tastes incredible over mashed potatoes or even white rice!
More Recipes You Will Love!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- fresh parsley or scallions optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch if needed
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet over medium high.
- Add the stew beef and cook until nicely brown on each side. We are not looking to cook the meat through, just brown the outside.
- Add the beef to your slow cooker.
- Combine the garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce and oregano together and pour over the meat in the slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the beef is tender.
- The beef will take on a dark color because of the soy sauce.
- If your sauce starts to get too thick before the beef is tender add ½ cup of water.
- If your sauce is too thin before serving mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with ¼ of water and stir into the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice!
- Garnish with parsley or scallions for a pop of color.