Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a true authentic classic comfort food filled with juicy sausage, shrimp & packed with incredible flavor throughout!
This recipe is a tried and true classic! It’s sure to be a recipe you come back to time and time again!
a Louisiana classic with sensational cajun flavors, it’s a favorite meal that everyone adores and it’s surprisingly easy to make this award winning dish
Jambalaya can be made with any meat of your choosing, Many people use a few different ones! I used sausage and shrimp in my version here!
You can substitute the sausage for any of your favorite kinds, such as sweet or spicy or even kielbasa would work!
Chicken is also a wonderful addition if you want to squeeze more proteins in your jambalaya!
The flavors are bold and mouthwatering and are sure to please even the pickiest eaters!
Slow cooker meals always create the ultimate comfort food with the best flavors!
This is perfectly paired with warm cornbread!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 medium red bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 3/4 cup rice
- In a slow cooker, combine sausage, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30-40 minutes more, or until the rice is cooked