Smothered French Onion Pork Chops are smothered in cheese, Caramelized onions & seasonings!
This is one recipe I will make over & over. It’s definitely a winning recipe the whole family loved!
Smothered in cheese & caramelized onions it’s packed full of outstanding flavor easy and delicious.
Perfect for a keto diet or if you just want to have a delicious low carb meal or pairs perfectly with a side of mashed potatoes
It’s so flavorful and the pork chops are ultra juicy, they melt in your mouth! definitely a keeper for sure.
This recipe is outstanding. you won’t need to change a thing!
This recipe is a tried and true classic! It’s sure to be a recipe you can come back to time and time again!
You can use bone in or boneless chops, both are equally as scrumptious!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Smothered French Onion Pork Chops
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth, divided
- 4 large boneless or bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 4 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F and melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup beef broth and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelized.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- Transfer onions to a plate and cover, making sure to leave any sauce in the skillet.
- Turn heat down to medium, drizzle skillet with vegetable oil, and add pork chops.
- Let cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Add caramelized onions back to the skillet, add flour, and stir.
- Let flour cook into the onions for 1-2 minutes and pour in 1 cup beef broth.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to the skillet, spooning sauce over them, and top each pork chop with a slice of cheese and a small handful of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven and spoon caramelized onions over pork chops.
- Serve with sprigs of fresh thyme.