Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken is a delicious Chinese favorite that is packed with juicy fall apart chicken, spicy sauce and vegetables, that is sure to be a huge hit!
No need to go out to your favorite chinese restaurant to get this wonderful favorite anymore! You can make it right at home!
Kung Pao chicken is also called Kung Po, it is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with chicken, peanuts, vegetables, and chili peppers. The classic Chinese dish everyone adores!
If you’re like me, you love anything spicy and this meal fits the bill! Just enough spicy kick for a bit of heat, but not too much that its not enjoyable 🙂
This easy slow cooker meal is not only scrumptious but also pretty healthy and much better than any takeout you can get anywhere!
The flavor is outstanding and this is sure to be a recipe you will come back to time and time again!
One of the best things about this recipe is that the chicken is ultra juicy and fall apart tender as well as the sauce being the ultimate best you’ve ever tried!
The ‘heat’ in this dish comes from the red chilies and if you want less heat, use less or you can just omit them all together 🙂
I will be bringing you all some more highly requested chinese/japanese recipes that are favorites among takeout fanatics (like i used to be before I started making my favorites right at home!)
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 dried red chili peppers
- 2/3 cup cashews, roasted
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp. pure honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
For the cornstarch slurry:
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then place in a large skillet with oil, over medium-high heat, cook chicken until lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken to a slow cooker.
- Whisk together soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, honey, minced garlic, sesame oil, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Around the last 30 minutes of cook time, whisk together the slurry and add to the slow cooker, along with dried red chili peppers, red bell peppers, zucchini, and roasted cashews.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for the remaining 30 minutes.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.