Taco Fried Chicken… yes my friends you heard me right!
Crispy juicy fried chicken with a amazing taco tortilla breading!
I wanted to come out with something new , fresh and delicious that is sure to be a hit in your home!
This simple tortilla breadcrumb coating really takes ordinary fried chicken to a whole other level of awesome!
The flavors are outstanding and the chicken itself is ultra juicy, you will never buy a bucket at some fast food joint again!
This chicken makes the perfect dinner or even wonderful for a picnic
(I can’t wait for warmer weather!) or to bring to a pot luck!
This dinner is perfectly paired with some favorite sides such as cole slaw, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese or even baked beans or corn on the cob!
I plan on trying to make this recipe with my air fryer, I think it would work as well! I have tried deep frying and that tastes amazing, but this version I baked just to save some calories 🙂
This chicken is in heavy rotation in my house, everyone loves it so much that theres never any leftovers the next day! (hello late night snacking!) LOL
Moist, flavorful and packed full of delicious taco flavor! Last time I made this recipe I paired it with mexican rice and avocado- lord it was delish!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Taco Fried Chicken!
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- 4 chicken legs
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten and sprinkled with pepper
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- 2 c nacho chips
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- as desired salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside
- In a large ziplock bag, add the nacho chips. Using a kitchen mallet, crush the chips to a very fine texture.
- Add the taco seasoning,cayenne pepper, parsley and the breadcrumbs. Mix it all very well in the bag.
- Begin by dipping the chicken pieces in the egg, and then dropping it in the bag, closing it up and giving it a shake to coat.
- Place the chicken pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken for 40 – 45 minutes or until there’s an internal temp of 165 and the chicken is
- cooked through.