Slow Cooker Smothered Barbecue Green Beans speak for themselves! They are out of this world delicious and make the perfect side dish that everyone goes crazy over! Especially during the holidays!
No one wants boring ole Green beans….this is one recipe that you are going to come back to time and time again! Its an incredible recipe everyone is sure to go back for seconds or thirds.
I make these every single holiday, on Christmas and on Thanksgiving as well as New Years! I received many compliments and tons of rave reviews. Highly recommend you all try this recipe asap! I love eating it with a variety of meats, steak, pork, roasts, Ham or turkey!
These scrumptious Bacon and BBQ smothered Green Beans are an outrageously delicious side dish that is ultra easy to make, yet results in the most incredible, flavorful, smothered green beans you will ever, EVER try.
You all know by now how much i adore my Crock pot… Slow cooker food in general just tastes better because it has time to soak up all the flavor of whatever you’re cooking. It never disappoints!
Want to try making this as a full dinner by itself? Well, you can!
You can by adding sausage or sliced kielbasa! Its so so good that way! Easy Peasy dinner ideas are my fav!
Once you try this recipe for green beans you will not want to eat them any other way.. they are that good! I swear I crave them so often now that I tend to make them at least 3 times a month for my family with a variety of different proteins!
When you want an easy side dish that is sure to impress your guests and please even the pickiest of eaters.. this, my friends, is it!
You can use green beans from a can in this recipe, but I’d always encourage you to take a moment at your grocery store to pick out the best looking Fresh green beans, for the best flavor.
You’ll always want to choose fresh greens beans that are free from any type of wrinkles or spots that are becoming mushy, no one likes a mushy green bean!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Smothered Barbecue Green Beans
- 12 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 (15 oz.) cans cut green beans, drained and rinsed OR fresh if you prefer
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, then Transfer cooked bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about 2 tbsp. left in the pan.
- Add diced onions and saute until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine tomato ketchup, Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add green beans, sauteed onions, and barbecue sauce mixture.
- Stir to combine and sprinkle top with cooked bacon. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on LOW heat.