Smothered Cheesy Baked Chicken with Mushrooms is a 5 star meal that is beyond sensational- seasoned baked chicken breasts smothered in caramelized onions, mushrooms and cheese…and its LOW CARB! This one is sure to be a hit!
This delicious dinner is high on flavor and low on the carbs! It uses simple ingredients – nothing crazy! It uses basic ingredients that just about everybody loves!
Perfect recipe for those nights when you want to make a delicious meal for your family or its even fancy enough to serve to guests! Perfect for when you don’t have much time on your hands to be stressed with too many complicated ingredients that a lot of recipes these days seem to have in them, not here!
I recently took a poll on my Incredible Recipes page on Facebook and asked what types of recipes everyone wanted to see- they wanted low carb, easy, no complicated ingredients- so here my foodie friends, this one is perfect!
Perfect side dishes to go with this meal would be broccoli, green beans, a side salad- even one of my new low carb salads that I recently put up here on the blog, like my Loaded Broccoli cauliflower salad or even my bacon Pea Salad!
Our family normally eats a lot of chicken, in many different forms and variations- this particular meal has made it into the rotation over half dozen times in the last few months! Very delicious, filling, and turns out tender and perfect every time.
This dinner is high on protein , low on carbs and also keto friendly!
Pure comfort food at its best, I knew I was going to love this chicken when I was throwing it together the first time, but I was surprised by just how perfect it was- smothered in pure deliciousness!
A low carb casserole that makes the whole family happy? Yes, please!
Remember, when making chicken, cooking time can also vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts that you’re using– the thicker the breasts, the longer they will need to cook if you’re baking them.
Using a meat thermometer comes in handy for many dishes, i always have one on hand when I cook meats just to check that the internal temperature of the cooked chicken reaches 165F!
It not only looks divine but its most definitely worthy of being served in 5 star restaurant any day!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 3 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and 1/2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Pour half of this mixture into the prepared casserole pan and set the other half aside.
- Season chicken with paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning and heat the remaining butter and oil in the skillet.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to the casserole pan on top of the mushrooms and onions.
- Add chicken stock to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan to bring the browned bits of flavor out.
- Bring to a boil and let cook until chicken stock has reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining mushroom/onion mixture on top of the chicken breasts, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and pour chicken stock sauce over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.