Soft Batch Gingerbread Cookies are one of my top-rated cookie recipes that are a Christmas classic! These cookies are exactly as you would want them to be big, soft with a slight chewiness!
The best part of these incredible cookies? They stay soft even after they cool down, just be sure to keep them in an airtight container. These are truly a 5-star cookie recipe!
Big & soft yet chewy with a bit of a light crisp to the the outsides- they are extraordinary!
Perfectly spiced with molasses and cinnamon, they define holiday cookie perfection. These are a Holiday / Christmas time staple in our home 🙂
Huge bonus to this recipe? — baking a couple batches of gingerbread in the oven is guaranteed to make your house smell Incredible. They are the perfect addition to your holiday baking list, wonderful for cookie trays or giving away as gifts, as I always love to do for friends and family!
I typically just sprinkle some sugar on the cookies but if you want to ice them, just use a quick powdered sugar icing..Royal icing or any other kind of frosting you like would work too!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Soft Batch Gingerbread Cookies!
- 3/4 C unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C molasses
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C sugar (for coating)
- Electric mixer w/ mixing bowl
- 1- Medium bowl
- 1- small plate or bowl
- Cooking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- Lidded container for storing
Total time to make: 27 mins
Makes: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Move oven rack to the center of the oven
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using the electric mixer, set on low, add the butter and 1 cup of sugar and the 1/4 cup of brown sugar as well. Beat until the butter is creamed and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses to the mixture in the bowl. Continue to mix until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl (medium) add together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until combined.
- With your hands make dough into balls about 1 inch in size. Roll the dough balls in the sugar.
- Place the dough balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Store extra cookies in an airtight container.