Best Ever Carrot Cake is the most incredible carrot cake recipe around! It’s perfectly moist, delicious and from scratch! Its made with fresh carrots, and topped with the most scrumptious cream cheese frosting thats to die for!
The all time perfect homemade carrot cake must always be extra-moist firstly. There is nothing worse than a dry cake in general! It has to have just the right amount of spices so that the flavor of all of those fresh carrots can really be tasted throughout.
Im just saying friends… if you just happen to be looking for the world’s best carrot cake recipe around to make for the holidays — look no further! This is a tried and true recipe that dozens of my family and friends have declared that this homemade carrot cake recipe is the ultimate hands-down winner!
Another amazing thing about this recipe? It’s much easier to than it appears. You can make the entire recipe by hand! (No mixers required.) If you want to save a step, just buy the grated carrots from the grocery store if you don’t feel like grating them by hand.
I find that it’s easier to frost the cake when its are slightly chilled. So I recommend popping it in the fridge for 15 minutes before frosting for an easier time frosting 🙂
For the best results with the cream cheese frosting, just be sure that both the cream cheese and butter are both room temperature. Baker Note: if you want your frosting to be super-smooth, I also recommend sifting the powdered sugar in advance for ultra smooth icing 🙂
If you like your frosting with a bit of extra flavor, stir 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger into the frosting, adding a little bit at a time to get the flavor you desire.
This cake is so delicious and moist, you can hardly slice it! It got rave reviews from everyone , they loved this cake. It is such an awesome recipe!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Best Ever Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 carrots – grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 4 oz cream cheese – softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 tbsp) softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Yields : 8 Slices
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 1 hour 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by coating with a non-stick
- spray & Line with parchment paper for easy removal, optional.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt
- until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until combined. Then, add in the oil
- and vanilla. Mix everything together until the oil is fully combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- With a spatula, fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then move the loaf to a rack and cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing all of the ingredients together in a mixer, add extra
- cream or milk if you want a thinner icing.
- Frost the cooled loaf and top with a few extra pecans if you like