Southern Sausage , Potatoes & Green Beans is not only incredibly easy to make, but the taste is sensational with loads of thick cut bacon!
You can make this recipe as a luscious side dish or even serve it as a full meal! This is a staple in the south (where hubby is from and my father)!
It uses very simple ingredients that everyone already has right in their pantry!
You can even use ground beef or kielbasa in place of the sausage if you’d prefer, or if you don’t have any sausage on hand- they all taste amazing! Its a very versatile recipe.
The thick cut bacon and the butter make for one phenomenal tasting dish, that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters! Make sure you make an extra batch, because you are gonna want leftovers the next day!
One of the best things about this recipe is that its not only scrumptious, but its also made with very affordable ingredients! What more can you ask for?!
This dish makes a wonderful, mouthwatering side dish with chicken, steak or even fish or as a meal all by itself! This southern staple is a tried and true recipe!
I know it may seem like a lot of bacon, (is there such a thing though?) I think not! but using it in this recipe really maximizes the flavor!
This is truly a winning masterpiece of a recipe that is sure to be on heavy rotation in your house! It is requested often by my family and even tastes incredible the next day for lunch!
I’m all about making dishes like this that are ultra easy to throw together yet packed with great flavor and easy on the budget too! Such a wonderful comfort food.
It makes for an easy and flavorful family meal and you can even add in some extras such as mushrooms or even bell peppers! Everyone has been craving this since the first time I made it!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Southern Sausage , Potatoes & Green Beans!
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 LB of ground sausage (spicy or sweet)
- 2 pounds fresh (or frozen) green beans
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large dutch oven pot (or large deep skillet) Sauté the bacon, sausage, onions and green beans for about 5 minutes on med-high heat, stirring frequently until cooked through.
- Add in the cubed potatoes, beef broth, butter and seasonings to the pot & bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and cook for 35 or so minutes or until the potatoes are tender.