So, I know lately I havent been doing any dinners, so I wanted to change that today with this ULTRA INCREDIBLE recipe you are sure to love!
This one is done in the Crock Pot/Slow Cooker which results in fall off the bone perfect chicken!
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
It is fairly easy too!
This can be served with a variety of sides, we had it with mashed potatoes!
I swear there is something purely magical that happens to meat in the slow cooker!
The glaze that covers the chicken is something out of a fairytale, seriously!
Trust me, I was pouring some of it onto my mashed potatoes! LOL
This one will end up in your weekly dinner rotation for sure!
I love bacon so I had to think of a way to incorporate that intense amazing flavor into the chicken an boy, did it pay off!
Tried and True!
We had this three times in the last 2 weeks alone!
It turned out nothing short of a phenomenal idea for this glaze that I simply have to share here with all of you lovely people!
Let me introduce you to this bit of heaven!
Once the weather warms up outside here in New England, I will definitely be doing this recipe on the grill as opposed to the slow cooker!
I want to try this with pork chops, I bet that would taste amazing!!
That glaze… it is so good!
It’s sweet, spicy, sticky, and full of BACON… can it get any better?!
Don’t forget to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Sticky Sweet Bacon Glazed Chicken!
- 6 large Chicken legs, bone in, skin on (can be removed if you wish)
- 1/2 C Ginger honey (can substitute regular honey)
- 1/8 C Molasses
- 1/8 C Sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce (low sodium can be substituted)
- 1 tsp Siracha (can add more if you wish)
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 TBSP.Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP. Water
- Seasonings: Seasoned Salt, pepper and garlic powder – sprinkling as desired
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
For the glaze:
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Then, in a pot, combine ginger honey, molasses, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and siracha.
- Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water slurry, - the sauce will thicken, then remove off the heat.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to avoid sticking
- In a bowl, season the chicken legs with salt, pepper and garlic
- Add the legs to the slow cooker bowl along with the glaze you just made, add 1/2 C of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Drain the grease,. Add the honey & worcestershire sauce
- Let bubble over medium heat. Once it is bubbly, add in the chopped bacon.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has thickened lightly, then remove from heat.set aside
- When 3 hours is up, add this sauce to your chciken in the crockpot, Cook for an additional hour.
- After cook time is complete, remove the legs and place them on a baking sheet
- Take the sauce from the crock pot bowl and put into a smaller container. Using this sauce, baste the legs liberally all over.
- Broil the legs in the oven until they begin to caramelize
- Bring the sheet out and turn the legs over, then liberally brush the legs again with the sauce.
- Broil again for a few minutes or until the legs begin to caramelize.
- If there is remaining sauce left, feel free to use as a dipping sauce.
Glaze In a pan, cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. If you didn't chop it, crumble it now. Set aside.