So, I know lately I havent been doing any dinners, so I wanted to change that today with this ULTRA INCREDIBLE recipe you are sure to love!
This one is done in the Crock Pot/Slow Cooker which results in fall off the bone perfect chicken!
It is fairly easy too!
This can be served with a variety of sides, we had it with mashed potatoes!
I swear there is something purely magical that happens to meat in the slow cooker!
The glaze that covers the chicken is something out of a fairytale, seriously!
Trust me, I was pouring some of it onto my mashed potatoes! LOL
This one will end up in your weekly dinner rotation for sure!
I love bacon so I had to think of a way to incorporate that intense amazing flavor into the chicken an boy, did it pay off!
Tried and True!
We had this three times in the last 2 weeks alone!
It turned out nothing short of a phenomenal idea for this glaze that I simply have to share here with all of you lovely people!
Let me introduce you to this bit of heaven!
Once the weather warms up outside here in New England, I will definitely be doing this recipe on the grill as opposed to the slow cooker!
I want to try this with pork chops, I bet that would taste amazing!!
That glaze… it is so good!
It’s sweet, spicy, sticky, and full of BACON… can it get any better?!
Don’t forget to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Sticky Sweet Bacon Glazed Chicken!
- 6 large Chicken legs bone in, skin on (can be removed if you wish)
- 1/2 C Ginger honey can substitute regular honey
- 1/8 C Molasses
- 1/8 C Sugar can substitute brown sugar
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce low sodium can be substituted
- 1 tsp Siracha can add more if you wish
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 TBSP.Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP. Water
- Seasonings: Seasoned Salt pepper and garlic powder – sprinkling as desired
For the glaze:
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Then, in a pot, combine ginger honey, molasses, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and siracha.
- Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water slurry, - the sauce will thicken, then remove off the heat.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to avoid sticking
- In a bowl, season the chicken legs with salt, pepper and garlic
- Add the legs to the slow cooker bowl along with the glaze you just made, add 1/2 C of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
Glaze In a pan, cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. If you didn't chop it, crumble it now. Set aside.
- Drain the grease,. Add the honey & worcestershire sauce
- Let bubble over medium heat. Once it is bubbly, add in the chopped bacon.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has thickened lightly, then remove from heat.set aside
- When 3 hours is up, add this sauce to your chciken in the crockpot, Cook for an additional hour.
- After cook time is complete, remove the legs and place them on a baking sheet
- Take the sauce from the crock pot bowl and put into a smaller container. Using this sauce, baste the legs liberally all over.
- Broil the legs in the oven until they begin to caramelize
- Bring the sheet out and turn the legs over, then liberally brush the legs again with the sauce.
- Broil again for a few minutes or until the legs begin to caramelize.
- If there is remaining sauce left, feel free to use as a dipping sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Joan M Dyer says
Sounds Great!! Can not wait to try this!!
Debbi Kruzel says
Can you do this with breast or thigh meat?
Cathy Jones says
What is Siracha? Where would I find it?
It’s a hot sauce. You can just store it in your cupboard. It’s good; I keep some on hand but don’t use it very often. Can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store.
Melissa B says
It is a type of hot sauce. It has a picture of a rooster on the bottle 🙂
It’s a hot sauce. May be with I international foods
Shirley Fiero says
By the Hot pepper sauce, wing sauce, etc. you can even find it in some ketchup’s..its being put in with many things, I think Kraft maybe putting it in their mayo also.
Kathy Ketchum says
If I wanted to do this with chicken wings instead of large drumsticks, any idea how long I would need to cook them? Assume less time… Thanks!
What do you do with the cornstarch and water?
Nevermind. Finally saw it.
Would chicken breasts work?
Patty Borg says
I want to double this amazing recipe. How do I adjust the cooking time? Thank you!
I like how it look i will try it
This will definitely be on the dinner table… YUM!
Can we leave out the Sriracha?
John Tribbett says
Yes, for some of us 1/2 tsp is plenty.
Linda montgomery says
In # 7 in instructions, do you add the honey and Worcestershire to the grease? Sorry, I just want to make sure. Thanks.
Cindy wyrsch says
Can I do chicken breast instead ? If so time please
What about chicken wings.
Serene Tree says
I wonder if this can be done in a slow oven, (maybe 250-275 F) as I don’t have a crockpot.
Amazing things here. I’m very satisfied to see your article.
Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look forward to contact you.
Will you please drop me a mail?
the 100 saison 5 diffusion says
Raven aide Bellamy à explorer le Mont Weather.
sex on fire chords says
great points altogether, you simply won a brand new reader.
What might you recommend about your publish that you made a few days in the past?
מחיר קידום אתרים says
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
a friend who had been doing a little research on this.
And he actually ordered me dinner because I discovered it for him…
lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah,
thanx for spending the time to talk about this matter here on your blog.
Marie Czarnecki says
HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU SHARE THIS RECIPE????
I was wondering the same thing, also I would like to do chicken thighs! Thank You
Hello. If you don’t have a slow cooker you can use any regular pot with a lid on it. Just set your stove burner to low and cook as long as the recipe directions suggest. I hope this helps.