These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are so melt-in-your-mouth good! They are topped with a crazy yummy Strawberry Lemon Glaze!
Looking for a sweet treat this holiday season to add to your baking list? Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze are crazy delicious!
Easily prepare a sweet and flavorful homemade baked treat with this recipe for Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze. The flavor combination of strawberry with lemon is a match made in heaven.
When you want to make a sweet baked treat different from what you’re used to preparing, try these easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze. Using cake mix to prepare cookies is nothing new, but it’s a simple and straightforward process that you can appreciate when you’re dealing with limited time and still want to make something fresh and delicious. In addition, this recipe is unique because it combines two incredible flavors, strawberry, and lemon, to bring a sweet and zesty taste to your mouth with each bite you take.
Why You’ll Love the Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
These cookies may sound complicated to make, but they’re not. You can use simple ingredients to prepare them!
The Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze have such an incredibly sweet and delicious taste, making them perfect for all occasions!
You can customize these cookies to your liking, adding some of your favorite extras to them.
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Before you get started, be sure to have the following ingredients at home:
Strawberry Cake Mix – Find a box of strawberry cake mix at your local grocery store to make these cookies.
Vanilla Extract – Enhance the taste of your cookies with a bit of vanilla extract.
Canola Oil – If you don’t have canola oil, feel free to replace it with vegetable oil in this recipe.
Powdered Sugar – Use the powdered sugar to prepare the sweet lemon glaze for these incredible cookies.
Lemon Juice – You’ll only need a tablespoon of lemon juice to add to your powdered sugar mix for extra flavor.
In addition to these ingredients, you’re going to need two eggs and chopped strawberries. It’s that simple.
Variations of the Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
If you don’t like lemon, don’t worry. You can use water instead of lemon juice to create a sweet glaze for your cookies. You can also use a bit of cocoa powder with powdered sugar to create a sweet chocolate glaze for your cookies.
Don’t like strawberries? It’s not a problem. Instead of using strawberry cake mix, try using a different type, such as vanilla or chocolate. Choose a flavor that you like best when making your cookies.
FAQS for Cookies with Cake Mixes-
Which brand of cake mix do I need for this recipe?
You can use any brand of boxed strawberry cake mix. If you’re not sure which one to choose, Betty Crocker is ALWAYS a good choice. Some other good options include Pillsbury and Duncan Hines, but feel free to use a generic version of the strawberry cake mix, too!
Do I need to use fresh strawberries for the recipe? It’s always a good idea to use fresh strawberries that you’ve chopped into small pieces for these cookies. However, if you’re planning to use frozen strawberries, be sure to defrost them, remove excess water with a paper towel, and then chop.
How long will it take to make the cookies? It typically takes 30 minutes to prepare the Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze, including 10 minutes for preparing, 10 minutes for baking, and an additional 10 minutes for cooling and adding your glaze on top.
Can I add extra ingredients to these cookies? Yes, you can customize these cookies by adding extra ingredients, such as mini white chocolate chips or even chopped nuts. Use what you’d like and feel free to experiment with some of your favorite ingredients.
How many cookies does this recipe make? If you follow the recipe to a T, you’ll end up with 23 cookies to enjoy and share with loved ones, which is nearly two dozen cookies!
Tips for Making Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Add extra powdered sugar to your glaze if it’s not thick enough. The powdered sugar will help you get it to the preferred consistency.
If you don’t have lemon juice in the fridge, feel free to use the fresh juice of a lemon when you’re preparing the strawberry lemon glaze that goes on top of these cookies.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Strawberry Lemon Glaze
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (I used betty crocker)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberries (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or water
Yields: 23 cookies
Strawberry Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla together and mix well (you can use a fork or a hand mixer).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and create 1 tablespoon cookie dough balls with a cookie scoop and put the cookies about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes - or until the edges start to brown. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet while you make the glaze.
- To make the glaze, blend strawberries and lemon juice together in a food processor or blender.
- Add strawberry mixture to powdered sugar and mix until smooth (if the glaze is too thin, add powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add more lemon juice or water).
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and spoon glaze on top of cookies.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
- Feel free to skip the glaze and just sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar after they cool.
- For the glaze, blend the strawberries to a puree, or leave larger chunks.