My favorite Holiday is about to be upon us!
What better way to show all your family members and friends
how festive and deliciously creative you are this season?!
These are the perfect way to do that!
I’ve seen these around before,
but never with the little yummy surprise inside that ALL ‘cheesecake” anything should have!
You Cut the tip of the strawberry off (that gets thrown away) then flip it upside down.
Cut the tip of the strawberry off (keep this part), then hollow out the inside of the strawberry from the removed tip side.
(make sure you do not go all the way to the bottom, you dont want the filling dripping out)
Once they are hollowed out, take a small amount of your Graham cracker crumbs and put a half a teaspoon in each.
This is a YUMMY Surprise you don’t expect when someone bits into one!
I used a piping bag filled with the cheesecake filling to fill each strawberry,
you want it a bit over-filled so you can make the face/beard.
Then use the tip you cut off and place it on top of the mound of filling,
I used a butter knife to just flatten the ‘face part’ in a bit, so the beard pops out,
FUN — EASY — DELICIOUS!
- 16 oz package fresh strawberries, washed
- 8 ounces of philly cream cheese, softened at room temp!
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Black gel icing, black sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, for eyes
- Please remember to start with very soft cream cheese so you can mix it with the powdered sugar easily- Cold “cheesecake” filling is pretty difficult to squeeze out of the piping bag!.
- As described above with the pics, slice the stem off the strawberry off but try to cut it as "flat" as possible since that will be the base of our santas..
- Cut the tops of the strawberry, this will be used as the "hat", set them aside from each.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Place the mixture inside a piping bag, or even a ziplock bag works if you snip one corner off!
- Put half a teaspoon of Graham cracker crumbs in each.
- Top strawberry base with cheesecake filling, top with the strawberry hats, and squeeze additional filling on top of the hat.
- For his belt and buttons I used the gel icing.
- Use the gel icing or mini chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles to decorate Santa's eyes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator!
- Do not freeze or use frozen strawberries for this recipe..
- Once they are all fully assembled, refrigerate stuffed Santas so they can hold their shape.
- If you are bringing these to a party, I recommend making them a few hours earlier.