Melt in your Mouth Sugar Cookies with Homemade Strawberry Glaze are insanely delicious and are sure to be one of the best cookies you’ll ever try!
Are you ready to impress your guests this holiday season? These Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze are tasty in every way!
Impress your family and friends with these tasty Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze. Easily prepare and assemble them to enjoy a sweet homemade treat.
Strawberry Glazed Sugar Cookies
Most people have tasted a sugar cookie at some point in their lives, and you’re likely no exception. However, you’ve probably never tasted one like this before. If you’re a fan of sweet strawberry flavoring, you’re going to love these sweet and delicious Strawberry Glazed Sugar Cookies. These cookies are perfect to prepare for bake sales, birthday parties, and other special events with loved ones.
Must-Have Ingredients for Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze
Be sure to have the right ingredients ready to use to make these incredible Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze, such as:
White Granulated Sugar – If you don’t have sugar, you won’t have sugar cookies. Be sure to have white granulated sugar ready to use.
Vanilla Extract – Enhance the flavor of your cookies using a bit of vanilla extract in the mixture.
Baking Soda – Get your cookies to rise and bake to perfection with the addition of baking soda.
Unbleached Flour – Use this flour as the base for your homemade cookie dough.
You’ll also need salt, butter, an egg, and baking powder to prepare the homemade sugar cookies. In addition to these ingredients, be sure to grab the ingredients for your strawberry glaze, such as strawberries, powdered sugar, and water.
Variations of the Sugar Cookies
Although these Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze are good enough to get the chef’s kiss, there are several variations of them that you might want to try.
If you don’t like strawberries, for example, feel free to use other fruits, including raspberries, blueberries, and cherries.
Choose a fruit and glaze flavor that you think you’d enjoy best and follow the same directions for the glaze as you would with the strawberries.
FAQ for Sugar Cookie Recipe
How many cookies will this recipe make? Following this recipe will leave you with 17 delicious cookies to eat and share with loved ones. Double the recipe if you need more cookies to go around.
Do I need to use fresh strawberries for this recipe? Yes, it’s best to use fresh strawberries when preparing the sweet glaze that goes on top of the cookies. If you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen ones, but you’ll need to use a clean paper towel to absorb the excess moisture beforehand.
How long will it take to make these cookies? It will take around 35 minutes from start to finish, which includes time spent preparing the dough, baking the cookies, and adding the sweet glaze on top as a finishing touch.
Do I add glaze to the cookies immediately? No, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for at least five minutes while you work on preparing the glaze before you add it on top of the sugar cookies.
Sugar Cookie Tips and Suggestions
If you feel like your glaze is too thick, you can make it thinner by adding a bit of water or lemon juice to the mixture.
When your glaze is a bit too thin and runny, add some powdered sugar to it to make it thicker.
Be sure to simmer your glaze on a low setting. Don’t have the flame up too high or your glaze can burn and get ruined before you’ve had a chance to use it on your sugar cookies.
After your glaze hardens on your cookies, which typically takes a few minutes at most, you can dust them with a light coating of powdered sugar as an added touch. It’s an optional step that adds something extra to these baked goodies.
How to Store the Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Glaze
Place parchment paper in a large plastic or glass food storage container and line your cookies in a row.
Grab a separate sheet of parchment paper, cover the first row of cookies, and then add more cookies on top. Use the parchment paper to keep the cookie from getting stuck to one another when you’ve stored them.
Do I need to keep them in the fridge?
You don’t need to keep them in the fridge. Instead, place them on a kitchen countertop or any other spot away from heat. Be sure to serve and enjoy within a few days to have these cookies while they’re tastiest.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and create 2” cookie balls and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- While the cookies bake, make the strawberry glaze (directions below).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Spoon or drizzle strawberry glaze over cookies and let cool completely until glaze hardens.
- Option to dust with powdered sugar.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar until dissolved creating a simple syrup.
- Mash strawberries and add them to the simple syrup. Simmer on low for 7 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add strawberry sauce and vanilla to powdered sugar. Stir until combined.
- If the glaze is too thick, add some water or lemon juice. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Strawberry Glaze Directions: