Texas Sheet Cake Cookies are everyones favorite cake in cookie form! topped with an incredible Chocolate Buttercream frosting!
Texas Sheet Cake is extremely popular and a Southern specialty! I took that amazing cake and turned it into cookies!
This cookies are incredibly easy to make, and they use simple pantry ingredients, everyone usually has on hand.
This cake was one of my favorites growing up, I wanted to turn that scrumptious cake into mouthwatering cookies.. I did just that!
They are so moist and the buttercream icing compliments them perfectly!
EVeryone is going to be asking you for this recipe! be sure to make extra to give to friends and family! they will love you for it!
These are perfectly paired with a huge glass of cold milk!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies with Chocolate Buttercream
- 1 (15.25oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all cookie ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and place them about 2" apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt together the butter, cocoa powders and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly incorporate the confectioners sugar until thoroughly combined and smooth. Place a baking sheet beneath the wire cooling rack with the cookies.
- Spoon the icing over the cooled cookies until covered. Allow icing to set before serving or storing.
For the Cookies:
For the Icing: