This is my families favorite baked macaroni and cheese recipe! Its easy and the taste is sensational!
Easy to find ingredients that i am sure you already have readily available in the house!
Baking your macaroni & cheese gives it so much flavor. Its creamy, ultra cheesy and the topping is to die for delicious!
Let me just start of by telling you to slowly back away from that boxed crap lol That not so flavorful powdery cheese has no place on our dinner table.
This recipe takes no time at all and you will have the most delicious homemade mac your whole family will love!
The ultimate comfort food that pairs perfectly with so many dinners! Its always a go to here in our house at least 2 times per week! With steak, pork or even chicken!
I have even made this a one pan meal by adding in chopped ham or chicken!
You can change up the flavors and try out a wide variety of your favorite cheeses! Use a combo of 2 or more! Possibilities are endless!
This by far the easiest and tastiest macaroni and cheese recipe you will try out there. Simple but good—using the sharp cracker barrel is one of my husbands favorites!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE <——
Best Ever Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- 4 cups uncooked pasta
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups shredded cheese I used a blend of two cheeses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Grease a 9” x 13” casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, prepare the macaroni according to package directions.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in flour to form a roux (paste). Add the seasoning, to taste.
- Whisk in the milk and cream and set heat to medium-high.
- Whisk in 3 cups of the cheese and continue whisking as the mixture cooks and thickens.
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse.
- When the cheese has completely melted into the sauce, pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni.
- Fold the macaroni and cheese into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese on top is browned and completely melted.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Barb A. J. says
My family loved this recipe of Mac N’ Cheese. I don’t think I cooked the flour mixture enough. It baked perfectly, but only to me, I could taste the flour. We ate the whole thing within a couple of days. It went well with everything I cooked : Pork Chops, Chicken, and Fish. It was easy to put together. Thanks !!!