This Easy Slow Cooker Homemade Chili takes only minutes to prep, you throw it in the slow cooker & let it simmer!
This is the easiest chili recipe EVER my beautiful readers!
it is ultra delicious, rich and sure to please everyone.
Using home canned tomatoes gives the best flavor, but its not necessary!
I adore chili, especially on cold days like this here in Massachusetts!
It truely warms your insides 🙂
Chili is one of my all time favorite comfort foods and its amazing topped with sour cream
Its a wonderful dinner the whole family will love and it also freezes well!
I love to make a HUGE batch and freeze the rest for lunch throughout the week.
Cooking it in the slow cooker really lets the flavors soak into the meat and it tastes so much better, in my opinion!
I love serving it over white rice for a even more filling dinner or served with buttery, crusty bread for dipping is also amazing!
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
The Best Slow Cooker Homemade Chili!
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium can tomato sauce (I used Pastene)
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Ro-tel
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the olive oil, ground beef, and onions.
- Cook while stirring and chopping until the ground beef is browned and cooked.
- Drain juices and add to a slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker also add the kidney beans crushed tomatoes, green chilis, and rotel.
- In a small bowl, mix your chili powder, cumin, basil, cayenne, pepper and salt. Pour over the other ingredients in the slow cooker, and stir well.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, or your choice of onions and herbs.