Pasta e Fagioli Soup is a classic Italian soup that is crazy popular and a staple in our home!
Pasta e fagioli means “pasta and beans”, if you were curious 🙂
This soup is filled with delicious, fresh ingredients and is immensely satisfying!
If you’ve ever been to Olive Garden , I’m sure you have tried this incredible soup there, trust me, this version blows Olive Gardens doors off 😉
Pure comfort food at its best, sure to warm your insides from head to toe!
This special recipe is on our dinner rotation because its just simply fantastic and pretty easy to make too!
It freezes beautifully as well, you can store it in an airtight container for up to two months!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 2- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, lean
- 1 1/2 C yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, diced (1 cup)
- 3 TBSP garlic, minced
- 3 cans tomato sauce, 8 oz
- 2 cans chicken broth, 14.5 oz
- 1/2 C water, more as desired
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 15 oz
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 C dry ditalini pasta
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans, 15 oz (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans great northern beans, 15 oz (drained and rinsed)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, enough per serving
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot cooking on medium- high heat.
- Crumble the ground beef into the pot & stir until the beef is cooked through, then drain & set aside
- Heat remaining tablespoon (1) of olive oil in same pot, then add onions, carrots, and celery into the pot, saute the contents of the pot over medium-high heat until tender. ( about 6 minutes)
- Add in the garlic, Saute for 1 minute longer.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, canned tomatoes
- to the pot.
- Next add the sugar, basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram to the same pot. Stir to mix.
- Add the cooked beef, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, Cover with a lid.
- Allow the pot to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer until the veggies are soft. (about 15 - 20 minutes.)
- While the veggie are simmering, prepare the pasta according to directions on package. (cooking to al dente.)
- Add both types of beans to the soup.
- Next add in the pasta to the soup.
- (Thin with a little more broth or water if desired.)
- Allow to cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve the soup into individual bowls.
- Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese.
- serve warm with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.