Very Cherry Cake is bursting with real cherry flavor and is covered in an incredible homemade Vanilla Buttercream!
Very Cherry Cake is a delicious yet simple recipe that is sure to be a hit this Valentines Day!
Next time, I am going to chop up some cherries and drop them into the batter!
Not only is this cake crazy good, crazy easy but its also just beautiful!
I have tons of cake recipes- just use the search bar to go through them all! you are sure to find a few you will want to add to your ‘baking list’!
Wonderful for any occasion, even during the holidays or this Valentines day 🙂 Its the perfect color!
Store your cake in an airtight container/cake carrier. It will keep at room temperature for 2 days or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Very Cherry Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- 1 package of White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 C Water
- 1/3 C Canola Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 3 TSP Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1 Drop of Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 5 C confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Pam spray a 13x9 cake pan and set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, water,canola oil, eggs and maraschino cherry juice
- together in a stand mixer.
- Pour mix into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside and allow cake to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, begin the frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by combining the butter and milk in a large
- saucepan, bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar,
- almond extract, and salt
- Spread the glaze over the warm cake and immediately