Luscious blackberries are one of my all time favorites!
Putting them in to a Margarita created one of the best drinks that I have had in forever!
I am not a huge drinker but when it comes to margaritas? I make an exception!
MY OTHER RECIPES
They are not only delicious they are beautiful!
Try to have just one, its harder than you think LOL
Fresh berries are the KEY to a perfect Blackberry Margarita!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Blackberry Margarita Smash!
- 1 1/2oz Tequila
- 1/2oz Triple sec
- 1/2oz Cointreau
- 2 Tbsp. Blackberry simple syrup
- 1 cup Blackberries - pureed
- 1 cup sugar ( 1/4 cup for berries puree and rest for the syrup )
- 1 cup Sweet and Sour mix
- Simple syrup
- Margarita Salt
- 1 Lime for garnish
- In a blender add 1/4 cup of fresh blackberries, and 1/4 cup of sugar puree until its all blended - set to the side
- In a small pot make the blackberry simple syrup:
- Add 3/4 cup of blackberries and 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes
- Use a potato masher, smash the berries
- Allow to cool to for 10 minutes
- Pour through a strainer in to a bowl
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use
- In a shaker add the liquors, blackberry simple syrup, and sweet and sour mix shake to combine - set to the side
- Use an appetizer plate and pour 1 tbsp. of simple syrup on it
- Dip your glassware in the simple syrup and then into the margarita salt
- Add ice to 3/4 of the way full
- Now pour your liquor mix into the glass
- Top with pureed blackberries and lightly star
- Garnish with a lime wheel