AHHH I am SO super excited to bring you all this amazing recipe that my family makes for occasional Sunday family dinner OR every Holiday!
With the upcoming holidays quickly approaching, I thought it was only fitting to share this MEGA delicious recipe with you all!!
Pure comfort food at its finest! This is unlike any other mac & cheese recipe out there- trust me on this one.
It can easily be made into a MAIN course by adding either ground beef, chicken , bacon or even ham to the dish!
This will most surely be the star of all the side dishes if you choose to make it for the holidays- time to IMPRESS everyone! 😉
Do not assemble WAYY ahead of time (night before etc) only because the macaroni will soak up the sauce and takes away the perfect al dente of the pasta.
If you really want to make it ahead of time, just dont toss the macaroni in the sauce UNTIL close to when you are going to be serving 🙂
The topping really sets this one over the top- its SOO good!
You can always swap the cheddar out for your own personal favorite cheeses, any combinations work!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
MEGA Million Dollar Macaroni & Cheese!
- 1 pound Macaroni pasta
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Whole milk OR heavy cream
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Panko Cheese Topping
MY OTHER RECIPES
- In a large pot cook your pasta just until al dente, strain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish..
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet, whisking in the flour over Med Heat, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat and whisk in the milk, mustard, cornstarch, evaporated milk and all seasonings, one at a time, stirring constantly until it reaches a boil, allow to simmer while still whisking occasionally until SLIGHTLY thick
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni and lightly toss until evenly coated
- Pour half of the macaroni and cheese into greased baking dish.
- Layering evenly with provolone cheese followed by an even layer of sour cream.
- Pour remaining macaroni over sour cream then sprinkle with 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in olive oil over medium heated skillet.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir in the parmesan cheese
- Cook until crumbs become a golden brown.
- Sprinkle overtop the mac & cheese
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and inside provolone is melted. If not topping with panko, broil until Parmesan is golden.
Panko cheese topping
Inspired by CarlsBadCravings VISIT HER HERE<—–