This is one of my all time favorite BBQ sauces because it has such an awesome flavor!
It is fairly simple to make at home and you KNOW whats in it because you made it yourself, in your own kitchen!
This recipe produces the most scrumptious, finger-lickin’ good sauce that will work for pulled pork, dipping sauce or any other recipe you use BBQ sauce in!
It has a perfect rootbeer flavor that is seriously mouthwatering heaven!
You can use any Root beer that you’d like but A&W has always been a big favorite of mine since I was a child 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
A & W Rootbeer BBQ Sauce!
- 1 1/2 cups root beer
- 1/4 cup no-pulp orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 small or medium onion diced.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a medium Saucepan, add oil & onions over a medium-high heat.
- Saute until onions become soft, then add in all remaining ingredients and allow to simmer until the flavors meld together on LOW for 30 min.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool completely , then use a ninja or a blender to puree the sauce, add back in the saucepan and let cook an additional 30 min on low.