Prepare the perfect wholesome baked dessert with this easy Apple Slab Pie recipe. It’s so delicious and easy, making it perfect for you to prepare during the holiday season. The entire family will love this recipe!
Enjoy the wholesome taste of this incredible Apple Slab Pie prepared with apple pie filling, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a few other ingredients. It’s super easy to prepare, and it’s absolutely delicious. Instead of going through the tedious process of preparing an apple pie from scratch, try this recipe because it’s easy, fun, and flavorful.
Apple Slab Pie
Searching for ideas of something fresh and flavorful to prepare for dessert this holiday season? If so, try this Apple Slab Pie. It’s super simple yet incredibly delicious. Once you prepare it and serve slices of it to your loved ones, they’ll be asking you for the recipe and coming back for seconds. Trust me; this is one dessert recipe you don’t want to miss out on trying. Not only does it taste like an apple pie made from scratch, but it’s also easy enough to make with minimal ingredients, which makes it even better!
Recipe for Slab Apple Pie Ingredients
- Pie Crusts – Grab two refrigerated pie crusts and allow them to sit out to thaw.
- Apple Pie Filling – Use any brand of apple pie filling for this delicious pie recipe.
- Brown Sugar – The addition of brown packed sugar gives this baked treat a sweeter, more enjoyable taste.
- Ground Cinnamon – Add notes of cinnamon to enhance the apple flavor even further.
- Cold Butter – Be sure to use unsalted butter.
In addition to these ingredients, you should also use flour and ground nutmeg.
Why You’ll Love This Slab Pie with Apples
- It has the same great taste as a traditional baked apple pie. However, you’ll make this with only a handful of ingredients.
- Not only does it taste great, but it’s also super simple. Pressed for time? Not a problem when you’re making this Apple Slab Pie.
- You can serve the pie with whipped cream on top or put it in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream. There are so many fun ways to serve this!
Slab Pie Recipe Variations
- You can drizzle some caramel syrup on top of your Apple Slab Pie when it’s done as a finishing touch. Of course, this is an optional topping, but some people love the taste of caramel with the apples.
- If you want to create a mixed fruit pie, you can use a can of apple pie filling with a can of any other type of pie filling that you like, combining the two to make a creation of your own.
- Feel free to make your own apple pie filling if you prefer not to use canned apple pie filling. You can prepare it from scratch with your favorite apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, etc.
Apple Slab Pie Notes
- Make sure you keep your crusts sealed until you’re ready to use them. If you open them too soon, they can start drying out, making them more difficult to work with. You don’t want that to happen.
- If you want to create a decorative edge for the crust, use a spoon to do so. Of course, this is an optional step, so feel free to leave the crust as is if you don’t want to take any additional steps.
- When preparing the crumble, be sure to use COLD butter. If you’re using warm butter or room temperature butter, it’s going to mix in with the other ingredients, and it won’t turn into a crumb. You’d end up having to start all over again. Be sure your butter is nice and cold before you combine it to get that crumb effect for your pie.
Slab Pie FAQs
Which brand of apple pie filling should I use?
Any brand will do the trick, such as Great Value, Lucky Leaf, or even Favorite Day apple pie filling.
Can I make my own dough instead of using the refrigerated kind?
Yes, if you prefer to use your own apple pie dough, you can do so. This is just a simpler, stress-free way to do it.
How many servings does this pie give?
When cut properly, you’ll have 16 slices available for friends and family to enjoy.
If you want to make a quick and easy dessert that tastes delicious, this Apple Slab pie is a must-have! It’s full of flavor and perfect for all occasions
More Recipes You Will Love
Apple Slab Pie
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts thawed according to package directions
- 2 21-ounce cans apple pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Move the oven rack to the lower third of the oven.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Unroll two thawed pie crusts and stack them on top of each other.
- Roll the dough to about a 17”x14” rectangle using a large rolling pin.
- Transfer the dough to a quarter sheet pan and press the crust into the corners of the pan, allowing the excess dough to hang over the edges.
- Roll the crust edges toward the center of the pan to create an edge. Using an overturned spoon, make a decorative indentation.
- Pour two cans of pie filling into the pie crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the mixing bowl. Using your hands or a pastry blender, combine ingredients to form a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.