Want to make an incredible dessert that everyone can enjoy? Give these Apple Pie Egg Rolls a try because they’re sweet, tasty, and great for on the go. Perfect topped with vanilla ice cream!
When you’re craving something warm, delicious, and absolutely satisfying, give these Apple Pie Egg Rolls a try. They’re crispy on the outside and warm and gooey in the center, making every bite incredible. If you’re a fan of apple pie, you’ll love preparing this simple and delicious recipe!
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
You’ve probably had your fair share of egg rolls and apple pies over the years. Now, can you imagine combining that crispy, crunchy texture of the egg roll wrapper with the sweet, wholesome taste of apple pie inside? It’s a truly incredible experience that will satisfy your testbuds and leave you craving more. I love this recipe because it’s lots of fun, easy enough for beginners, and super delicious. As long as you enjoy apple pie, you can expect to love these Apple Pie Egg Rolls. You can even take them with you on the go!
Why You’ll Love These Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Easy – You don’t need a lot of baking experience to assemble these goodies.
- Delicious – If you’re an apple pie fanatic like me, you’re going to love these egg rolls .They’re even easier to prepare than a traditional apple pie.
- Fun – You can get the kids to help you prepare these Apple Pie Egg Rolls. It’s a great way to spend the day with your loved ones while making something tasty!
Ingredients Needed for Dessert Egg Rolls
- Egg Roll Wrappers – Before you can get started, you’ll need 15 egg roll wrappers to use for these sweet treats.
- Apples – Peel your apples and dice them into small pieces.
- Brown Sugar – Use brown sugar to add a sweet touch to your apple pie mixture.
- Lemon Juice – The tang of the lemon juice adds a slight zest to your pie filling.
- Cornstarch – Thicken the filling with a bit of cornstarch so that it isn’t too runny.
You’ll need a few other ingredients, such as butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Don’t forget the oil for frying your egg rolls and a bit of extra cinnamon and sugar to roll your egg rolls in when you’ve pulled them from the oil.
Apple Pie Rolls Variations
- If you want to create a unique taste for these egg rolls, you can combine both apple slices and peach slices into the mixture to give the filling a special touch.
- Rather than rolling the egg rolls in cinnamon sugar, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top of them.
- If you’d like to get creative, feel free to drizzle some caramel syrup on top. The caramel will go great with the apple filling.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls Notes
- You can use unsalted butter when preparing this recipe. If so, you’ll need to add ⅛ teaspoon of salt to the butter.
- Sometimes, the egg rolls start to come undone when frying. If you’re having this problem, place a toothpick in the center to hold the egg rolls in place when you’re frying them.
- It’s best to eat these Apple Pie Egg Rolls on the same day that you prepare them. However, if you do plan to make them ahead of time, you can bring the flavor back to life by reheating them in the air fryer.
Which apples should I use for this recipe?
You can use any apples that you have at home. If you’re not sure which ones to buy, Granny Smith would work well in this recipe.
What type of oil should I use when frying the egg rolls?
You can use canola oil or vegetable oil, both of which will work well for frying.
What can I eat with these dessert egg rolls?
If you’re looking for dip ideas, these egg rolls taste amazing when dipped in whipped cream, vanilla frosting, and even caramel syrup. You can also serve them warm with a side of vanilla ice cream for a special touch.
When you’re in the mood for apple pie without all the time and effort that goes into preparing the traditional dessert, try these tasty and fun Apple Pie Egg Rolls. Not only do they taste amazing, but you can also eat them while on the go.
More Recipes You Will Love!
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- 4 C apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbs salted butter diced
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 c sugar
- 3 Tbs cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan combine apples, brown sugar, butter, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Stir constantly and cook on a simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in the cornstarch.
- Place the wrappers on a clean surface with one corner facing you. Place 2-3 Tbsp of apple mixture onto the lower middle of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling, then fold in the two outward corners towards the center like an envelope. Lightly brush the remaining corner with water, then roll it up to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Preheat 3” of oil in a large stockpot to 350°. Once the oil is heated, place 3-4 rolls into the oil. Fry for 2 minutes, then flip and fry for an additional 2 minutes. Once cooked, carefully remove from the oil and place onto a paper towel lined plate. Repeat the frying process with the remaining eggrolls.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Once all the egg rolls have been fried and while they are still warm, roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
toothpick into them to keep them from unrolling. Remove the toothpick after they
are fried. These egg rolls are best consumed the day of, but can be reheated the following
day in an air fryer or microwave to restore freshness.