Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars are insanely delicious and packed full of ripe bananas, oatmeal and packed together in a perfect bar!
They take very simple ingredients that everyone already has in their kitchen or pantry!
I call them bars but they could also be called cake too- they are more of a banana bread consistency which makes the ultimate best dessert or even breakfast cake!
I didnt add frosting to these because honestly it just makes them overly sweet (in my opinion) and they are perfect as is! I promise! You want to be able to really taste the sweet ripe bananas and slight crunch of the oatmeal- just the perfect combination!
So easy to throw together, perfect for any occasion! Great for pot lucks, church functions, bake sales or even just an incredible dessert/breakfast that everyone in your family will sure be thanking you for!
they are crazy delish!
These deserve more than five stars, seriously. I like that you can cut and eat out of your hand, unlike other “banana bar” recipes you see out there! Great for a breakfast on the go 😉 My bananas were very dark on the outside, which gave theses bars a very good real banana flavor with just the right sweetness. My family loves nuts, so sometimes i double the amount called for in the batter- optional of course!
These bars are very moist and delicious!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup walnuts (or pecans), chopped
Yields: 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes| Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray an 8” square dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and stir.
- In a medium bowl, add milk, banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk to
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Add chopped walnuts to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of the baked oatmeal, slice and serve warm.