Banana Magic Cake is incredibly easy with 3 delicious layers made with one ultra simple batter! It creates the most banana-licious dessert ever!
This recipe is an all time favorite- it doesnt require any special ingredients or ‘magic’ it just comes out phenomenal every single time!
I know you may have seen a lot of ‘magic cakes’ out there but this one, knocks those other ones out of the park with the outrageous banana throughout!
This is one of those recipes that everyone thinks you spent so much time on, especially when they see the layers and just assume it took you half a day to create this beauty!
First off my lovely foodie friends, I must say that I am not a trained baker by any means, but HEY, I can cook my behind off in the kitchen any day!… but baking? can be a challenge sometimes depending on what I’m attempting to make lol
Baking is a bit more of a challenge because you can’t easily add your own twist to the recipe unless you know the chemistry of baking. This recipe is super easy and quick to make. I would love to try replacing some of the milk with some type of alcohol…Stay tuned!
It is a unique custard and cake combination. I may try adding some eggnog for my christmas version of this cake and see how that turns out!
BAKER NOTE: If you make this cake don’t be discouraged with the batter. It is thin. As you pour the batter in the pan you may keep thinking “this isn’t going to work”! It will turn out beautifully and the custard set up and won’t be runny at all. Even my picky husband enjoyed a couple pieces with his coffee in the morning then brought some to his co-workers, they told him there was something about the cake that made them want to keep coming back for more! Its THAT good.
This cake is truely Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Everyone that tried it absolutely loved it, and my hubby enjoyed it so much that he asked me to make him a second one a few days later! A winner and a keeper for sure.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Banana Magic Cake
- 1/2 cups melted butter
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 medium overripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream for serving
- banana slices for serving
- Preheat oven to 325F and lightly spray a square cake pan with baking spray.
- Crack eggs and separate whites and yolks.
- Add whites to a medium bowl and the yolks to a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whip whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add both sugars into the large bowl with the yolks and whisk until combined.
- Add melted butter, water, and mashed banana and whisk. Stir in flour just until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and whisk gently. Fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- The center of the cake should not be completely set.
- Let cool completely. Slice and serve with whipped cream and banana slices.