? Bear Paw Cookies are soft and chewy and ultra adorable too! What makes them even better? they’re super easy and fun to make! ?
Its such a simple and easy recipe that everyone is sure to love and swoon over how adorable they are.
The kids love helping press the chocolate into the cookies to ‘make’ them into bear paws!
These cute bear paw sugar cookies are simply fantastic! Not only are they the perfect consistency but they have a wonderful buttery goodness! They’re soft centered yet chewy!
You can make them for bake sales (watch everyone go crazy over them) or to send them with the kids to school for Valentines Day parties in their class! gift them, wrap them or just eat them all immediately as dessert with a huge glass of milk or with morning coffee..hey, I dont judge 😉
They’re wont be any leftovers, I promise because because they will call out your name as you walk by the container lol
They will keep at room temp for up to 5 days in a airtight container.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Bear Paw Cookies
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C flour
- 1 bag of ghiradelli dark chocolate melting wafers, only need 24 wafer chips
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips, only 3 chips go onto each cookie for the claws
Makes 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add in the espresso powder, baking soda, cornstarch, salt and flour and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough into your hands and roll it
- Place dough onto cookie sheet and bake 9-12 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, place a melting wafer into the center of the cookie for the pad of the paw
- Then place 3 chocolate chips above the paw for the claws
- Repeat steps with remaining dough and cookies
- Let cookies cool for about 30 minutes before enjoying!