Better than Take out Beef Fried Rice is so easy to make right at home! It pairs perfectly with my new recipe for Sesame Chicken!
Looking for a new Asian meal to please the family? This Beef Fried Rice is not only tasty, it’s so easy to make!
Bring the Chinese takeout to your kitchen without the expense when you follow this easy Beef Fried Rice recipe. The rice is flavorful and contains a combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and more.
Save money and make a healthier version of Beef Fried Rice with this recipe. It has the same great taste as the kind of rice you’d get at any takeout restaurant, but it’s even better for you and made with fresh ingredients. You can make this meal in less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect dish to prepare when you have limited time available.
Homemade Beef Fried Rice Recipe
If you’re a fan of Beef Fried Rice, you can learn how to make it at home while following simple instructions. It’s a lot easier than it sounds, making it possible for you to prepare the perfect side dish to serve with broccoli, carrots, and even more beef. You can also serve this rice with some prepared chicken.
Beef Stir Fried Rice Ingredients
Before getting started, be sure to grab the ingredients needed to prepare this dish, including:
Dark Soy Sauce – The dark soy sauce adds such a zesty taste to this rice.
Soy Sauce – You’ll also need a bit of traditional soy sauce for the recipe.
Toasted Sesame Oil – Enhance the flavor of your rice with a bit of toasted sesame oil.
Sirloin Steak – Be sure to cut your steak into thin strips before using it in your rice.
Onion – Dice your onion into small pieces.
Frozen Peas and Carrots – Grab a bag of frozen peas and carrots mixed and add it to your rice for more flavor and texture.
Cooked Rice – You’ll use around three cups of cooked white rice to prepare the fried rice.
You’re also going to need oyster sauce, vegetable oil, two large eggs, and thinly sliced scallions.
How to Make Beef Fried Rice
Making this rice with beef is simple. You can combine your soy sauce with the oils, cook your steak, and then combine it with the rice, eggs, veggies, and other ingredients used to make this incredible dish.
Where can I get the ingredients for this recipe?
You can check out the ethnic or Asian aisle in your local grocery store to find different ingredients, including soy sauce, oyster sauce, and toasted sesame oil.
Do I have to make this recipe with beef?
No, you don’t. While the beef tastes juicy and tender in this recipe, you can skip the beef and replace it with something else, such as pieces of chicken breast, medium-sized shrimp, or even tofu. You can also make veggie fried rice by using a mixture of different vegetables, including the peas and carrots, along with broccoli and beansprouts.
Do I need to use the scallions?
The scallions are optional. If you’re planning to use them, slice them into thin pieces before adding them on top of your rice to garnish.
What kind of rice will I need to use to make Beef Fried Rice?
You’ll need to use cooked white rice to prepare this dish. You can make it in a pot with water, a touch of oil, and a bit of salt. If you prefer not to prepare the white rice from scratch, feel free to use boil-in-bag rice or add the rice to a rice cooker to get it nice and fluffy before you use it.
Recipe substitutes and information
If you have trouble finding the dark soy sauce at your grocery store, feel free to substitute it with more regular soy sauce. You can also use beef stock as an alternative for the dark soy sauce.
Make sure to use a tender cut of beef. The rice doesn’t take long to prepare, so you need a cut of beef that will cook quickly with the rice. The best options to use are sirloin or flank steaks, both of which cook fast.
If you don’t like veggies, you don’t have to add peas and carrots to your fried rice. You can leave them out.
How to Store Your Rice
Pour your rice into a food storage container, place it in the fridge, and it should stay fresh for up to four days. You can easily reheat your rice in the microwave and it’ll still taste as good as it did when you made it.
Cooks extra Notes
1. If you can’t find dark soy sauce, you can substitute more regular soy sauce or beef stock, etc. The dark soy is what gives this fried rice its deep, rich, authentic fried rice color.
2. Since we are cooking this so fast, a tender cut of steak needs to be used. The most popular options are sirloin or flank steak.
Beef fried rice is probably one of my favorite dishes at all the local Chinese takeout places around here! Its on every one of their menus. Its a staple that is a huge favorite by many- why not make it right at home with fresh ingredients?!
Its no secret that a lot of these chinese places love to use MSG in their food – it might boost the flavor but we all know its not good for you- when you make your rice at home- you don’t have to worry about having anything less than fresh ingredients in each bite!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minus
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, cut into 1/4th inch strips
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked and cooled rice
- thinly sliced scallions for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl stir together the dark soy, soy, oyster sauce, and sesame oil, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 1/4th of the oil to the pan and add the beef, sear the steak getting a char on it, cooking it until just done, 3-5 minutes.
- Place the beef on a plate and set aside.
- Add 1/4th of the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion until softened and starting to brown, 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and carrots, until slightly softened for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked veggies to the plate with the beef.
- Add 1/4th of the oil to the pan and scramble the egg, stirring occasionally until cooked, about 1 minute, add to the plate with the beef and veggies.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the rice. Let it sit for about 2 minutes to get a slight char, stir it around and add the cooked beef, veggies, and egg back to the pan, stir to combine.
- Add the sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Continue to cook for about 3 more minutes so everything warms through and the flavors can blend.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of optional scallions.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.