Classic Fried Ice Cream takes only 4 simple ingredients and tastes incredibly delicious!
There is only one sure fire way to make ice cream even more delicious… Fry it then add toppings! Fried ice cream might sound strange and impossible, but it’s actually ultra simple!!
All you need to do is Pull out your favorite ice cream flavor and let the fun begin!
If you have never tried it before, you are surely missing out on one the best and easy desserts ever!
What is fried ice cream you ask?
Fried ice cream is a simple dessert made of a scoop of any flavor ice cream that is frozen hard then breaded or coated in a delicious buttery batter, and quickly deep-fried, creating a warm, crispy shell around the cold ice cream!
The classic ice cream choice for fried ice cream is usually vanilla but other flavors would be delicious as well. The possibilities are endless!
This is one dessert recipe that comes together in just a few minutes! Its wonderful for Summer time or any time where you want that sensational taste that everyone loves so much!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Classic Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal or cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whip cream or whipped topping, thawed
- Hot fudge or chocolate topping
- Maraschino cherries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- Set ice cream out to soften about 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet, that will fit in freezer, with parchment paper
- Add corn flakes to a large resealable bag to crush or use a food processor
- Use a rolling pin to crush cereal into fine crumbs
- Add crumbs and cinnamon to medium bowl and stir to combine
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat
- Stir in crushed cereal and cinnamon and cook until golden brown and fragrant about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely so the mixture doesn’t burn
- Remove from heat and add to large bowl, allow to cool
- Scoop ice cream with a scoop, form into balls with your hands and place on prepared baking sheet
- Roll ice cream balls in cereal mixture, press into ice cream slightly and return to baking sheet
- Return to freezer until ready to fry.
- In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375F
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden. Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.
- To serve, add whip cream, chocolate, and cherry, if desired