Black Forrest Chocolate Cheesecake is an extremely decadent dessert topped with whipped cream and juicy cherries made right in your Instant Pot!
With Valentines Day coming up this Friday I will for sure be making this for my husband! Its one of his all time favorite cheesecakes!
I adore using my new Instant Pot that I got for Christmas from my hubby! I use it for all sorts of dinners, appetizers and now desserts of all kinds- cakes, cheesecakes and more!
Instant Pot recipes are the new ‘craze’ and for a good reason! Everyone loves a crock pot type dinner or dessert without all the waiting!
This incredible cheesecake will keep well in the fridge for about 7 days!
Though we all know it wont last that long, not with my hubby and I midnight snacking once our babygirl goes to bed lol 😉
WHY DO THEY CALL IT BLACK FOREST CAKE/CHEESECAKE?
Well, the cake is named after a cherry liquor that is called “Black Forest Kirsch”.
If you don’t want to use liquor in the cheesecake, you obviously do not have to- its only a little bit that went into this one, but it wont change the flavor at all , you can just omit it from the recipe.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 2 C crushed oreos
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, melted
- 2 - 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Black Forest Kirsch liquor (optional)
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 12 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 - 8oz cool whip
- 1 container of chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings
- 1 medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and
- spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a food processor, grind up 24 oreo cookies until sand texture like
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crushed oreos into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, liquor and
- sour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes
- off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to
- cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to
- loosen the crust
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate
- Pipe cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake
- Spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top
- Cut and serve!