BLT Pasta Salad is one of my favorite side dishes for my BBQ’s!
Packed full of bacon, lettuce and tomato then tossed with your favorite elbow pasta and delicious dressing, to create one sensational pasta salad for any occasion!
This is one of the Summer Salad Staples at every get together during the warm/hot months, everyone devours this salad in a heartbeat!
The flavor is incredible and I promise you will be going back for seconds and thirds! Along with all of your guests! It tastes amazing as a side dish with grilled foods!
You can interchange lots of ingredients too! Add in some cheeses, or even pepperoni slices or ham cubes, etc. This is easily customizable!
An ultra crowd pleaser for sure- One of the first things to disappear from any pot luck, pool party or family gathering!
I really love this recipe it is fast, fun and easy. I always get a lot of compliments on it a gatherings on how pretty it is and tastes phenomenal. I love preparing the night before for convenience sake.
Our last family BBQ, I made a huge batch of this salad for for 18 people. I was told by each and everyone of them how they couldn’t get over how they loved it!
I am still eating this amazing salad 2 days later – for lunch!
When making this for an event I’m going to, I always love to bring a couple different pasta salads along with me, this one is always one of them!
I have even topped it with grilled chicken (that hubby made on the grill) it was SOOOOO GOOD! it made it a full meal and we just had some margaritas with it for dinner!
One of the most important steps in making a cold pasta salad is remember to shock the pasta.
If you do not allow the pasta to cool completely (even refrigerating it to get it nice and cold) it will become gummy and soak up all the dressing if you try to mix it while still warm!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 16oz. box elbow macaroni, cooked and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons dry dill
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 green onion sliced thinly
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped thinly
- 12 slices thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dill and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add macaroni, green onion, and diced tomatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, add lettuce and bacon and toss.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!