This Boozy Eggnog Bread with a Rum Glaze is the perfect and most loved Christmas loaf cake. It will literally melt in your mouth! Packed with real rum and eggnog.
This is one of those recipes that you will make year after year – everyone will look forward to this one- its sensational for your holiday table or in the morning with a hot cup of coffee for breakfast!
How long does this bread stay fresh?
It can be wrapped in plastic wrap or foil and stored in the refrigerator for 5 days or counter for up to three days.
Tips and substitutions:
Applesauce adds moisture to this bread, but if you don’t have any on hand,
1 large egg can be substituted.
Cinnamon or Nutmeg both taste wonderful , you can use either or in this recipe.
What if I want a stronger rum flavor in my loaf?
For a stronger rum flavor in your bread, add 2 teaspoons of rum extract or 3 tablespoons of rum.
My bread turned too brown while baking, why?
Lightly cover the loaf pan with tin foil, for the last 15 minutes of cooking time, to prevent over-browning.
I have delicious Eggnog fudge HERE that you must try! Its one of my blogs most popular recipes over the holidays!
Want to make your own homemade eggnog? HERE is my homemade recipe for it!
I love making this every year for friends and family- I wrap them up in clear wrap and tie ribbons on them with little Merry Christmas tags! everyone goes crazy over it!
You can make this bread as one big loaf or even smaller mini-loaves, even cupcakes!
(great for gift giving!).
This is a tried and true recipe that is sure to come out perfectly each and every time you make it!
Whether you want this as a wonderful addition to your Christmas dessert table or you want to make it for the family for christmas morning breakfast or after dinner dessert- no matter when, it is sure to be the biggest hit!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt; cinnamon set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggnog, apple sauce,rum, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and rum extract until well combined.
- Whisk the egg and incorporate it into the wet ingredients.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- While the bread continues to cool, combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and stir till smooth. Pour the glaze in the center of the bread and use a spatula to gently spread the glaze across the top of the room temperature bread.
- Slice and serve fresh.