This is the best ever Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole recipe that you will ever try. If you enjoy stuffed peppers, this Casserole will become one of your favorite meals of all time!
Make a simple Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole when you want to prepare a delicious meal. The casserole is not as messy as traditional stuffed peppers, and it is a lot easier to assemble before baking.
What Are Stuffed Peppers?
Stuffed peppers are a popular dish consisting of large bell peppers filled with meat, rice, and cheese. It is common for people to slice the peppers in half, remove the seeds, and then fill them with cooked ground beef, cooked white rice, and a combination of sauces and seasonings. Not everyone makes their stuffed peppers the same way. If you have ever enjoyed a stuffed pepper, you can turn that same great taste into a casserole that your entire family can eat.
Ingredients to Make the Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
Prepare the Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole with the following ingredients:
- Ground Beef. You will need a pound and a half of lean ground beef to season and add to your peppers.
- Green Bell Peppers. Wash your peppers, remove the seeds, and dice them into small pieces.
- Onion. Chop the onion into small pieces to go with your peppers.
- Cajun Seasoning. Add a hint of spice to your ground beef with cajun seasoning.
- Beef Broth. The beef broth adds more flavor to this casserole.
- Rice. Use your favorite types of rice, such as long-grain, Jasmine, or short-grain rice for this recipe.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Give your casserole a cheesy touch with sharp cheddar cheese.
The only other ingredients needed are minced garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, and some pepper jack cheese.
Can I Use a Ground Beef Alternative?
It is fine to use a ground beef alternative. You can use different variations of ground meat, such as ground pork, turkey, or chicken instead of ground beef. If you use an alternative, simply season it the same way to give your meat that naturally great taste.
Do I Have to Add Rice to the Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole?
It is common for stuffed peppers to have some rice inside them that gets mixed in with the beef and sauce. However, if you would like to make this a keto-friendly dish, you can skip the rice or use an alternative, such as riced cauliflower. Even without the rice, this casserole will still taste great because of the meat, peppers, and cheese.
Can I Use Different Colored Bell Peppers?
If you do not want to use green bell peppers, feel free to use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers instead. The lighter colors tend to have a sweeter taste, so using them may make your Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole taste slightly sweet, but there is nothing wrong with that.
How to Store the Leftovers
After serving the Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole to loved ones, you may have some leftovers that you would like to save. Leave the leftovers in the casserole dish and cover them with aluminum foil. Put the casserole dish in the fridge to keep the leftovers fresh for three days. If you do not want to put the entire casserole dish in your refrigerator because it takes up a lot of space, transfer the food into a food container with an airtight lid.
How to Reheat Your Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
There are three simple ways to reheat your Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole when you want to eat it. You can add leftovers to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, reheat it in the oven, or put some of it in the air fryer to reheat it in minutes while making it a bit crispier.
Is It Possible to Freeze the Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole?
You can freeze the casserole. Prepare the ingredients as directed and arrange in a casserole dish without adding the cheese on top. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and keep it in the freezer for up to three months. You will need to let it thaw in the fridge overnight before removing the foil and baking for an hour. Remove the dish after an hour to add your cheese and then toss it right back into the oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese melts perfectly over your other ingredients.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef, onions, bell peppers, garlic, seasoning, pepper and red pepper flakes to a large frying pan.
- Cook until ground beef is no longer pink and onions and peppers are soft.
- Drain and add to the prepared baking dish.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, rice and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about an hour, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the oven, discard the foil, top with shredded cheese, place back in the oven uncovered and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers