Who says pizza is only for dinner? When you follow this recipe for flavorful Breakfast Pizza, you can have it as often as you’d like at any given moment in the day, whether it’s time for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ditch the cereal and traditional breakfast and go for something more contemporary with this fun and flavorful Breakfast Pizza recipe. It’s a kid-friendly meal that you can expect everyone in your household to love. Prepared with pizza dough and simple toppings, such as sausage, eggs, and mozzarella, you’ll want to come back for a second slice immediately after you’ve finished the first one!
Pizza is one of my favorite foods. Luckily, everyone in my household enjoys it as much as I do, so you probably know what that means. I’m always looking for fun ways to make a pizza, whether it’s time for lunch or dinner. So, of course, I was naturally excited to try this Breakfast Pizza. I mean, who wouldn’t want to have a slice for breakfast? It’s the perfect time of day to bite into that flavorful combo of sauce, cheese, and meat. If you give this recipe a try, I’m certain you’re going to love it!
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Why wouldn’t you love the kind of pizza you can have whenever you want, even if it’s first thing in the morning when you’ve just gotten out of bed? These are some reasons you’ll love making this meal for the family!
- Delicious – The breakfast pizza is homemade and full of flavor. You’ll enjoy the incredibly fresh taste of it.
- Customizable – You can add all kinds of toppings to this breakfast pizza that you’d normally eat for breakfast, such as ham and bacon.
- Plenty to go around – When making this pizza, there’ll be plenty to go around and more than enough to grab seconds. You might even have some leftovers to enjoy the next day!
Recipe for Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza Dough – It all starts with the pizza dough, which you’ll use as the base for this homemade pizza.
- Mozzarella – The mozzarella cheese will melt perfectly over your pizza dough and sauce with the other added ingredients.
- Pizza Sauce – Use your favorite brand of pizza sauce to make this incredible dish.
- Sausage – Add cooked sausage on top. You can choose between mild or spicy, whichever you like best.
- Eggs – Don’t forget the eggs. You’ll need four of them when making this pizza.
Homemade Breakfast Pizza Variations
- If you’re not a big sausage fan, it’s not a problem. You can put other fun breakfast toppings over your pizza, including crispy cooked bacon, Canadian bacon, or even breakfast ham. You can also add veggies, such as green peppers, red onions, or spinach!
- Use a blend of different cheeses. In addition to mozzarella, add other favorites, such as cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of your pizza with some of your favorite seasonings, such as cayenne pepper, garlic powder, everything but the bagel seasoning, and so much more.
Breakfast Pizza Tips
- If you cook your eggs longer than six minutes, you will also cook the yolks, which is something to be mindful of when preparing this recipe.
- While red sauce tastes great, you can use other sauces for this Breakfast Pizza, including a white sauce or pesto sauce.
- You can save time by purchasing pizza dough from the store. If not, you can prepare it from scratch using simple ingredients to assemble it.
FAQs for Breakfast Pizzas
What kind of pizza sauce do I need to use?
You can use any brand of pizza sauce that you prefer. And, if you don’t want to use a red sauce, you can use any other sauce you like.
How can I make a spicy version of this pizza?
You can use buffalo sauce as the base instead of pizza sauce and then add red pepper flakes on top with the cheese and sausage. If you like it hot, use spicy sausage.
How long will this need to cook in the oven?
Bake your pizza for about 16 minutes or until it’s baked to perfection. Check the oven to see how it looks before removing it, allowing it to cool for a few minutes, and slicing into it to serve it.
Homemade breakfast pizza make an easy morning meal that the whole family will love. With toppings like bacon, eggs, sausage & cheese, there’s sure to be a favorite for even the pickiest of eaters.
Once it comes out of the oven, just the breakfast pizza out for everyone to serve themselves along with some fruit & orange juice and you have a delicious breakfast everyone will adore.
More Recipes You Will Love!
- Pizza dough homemade or store bought
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups mozzarella
- 1 ⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cooked sausage mild or spicy
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley choppe
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease pizza pan.
- Spread pizza dough into a 12” or 14” pizza round on your pizza pan.
- Spread 1⁄4 cup of marinara sauce onto the pizza dough. Add more if you prefer.
- Sprinkle pizza with cheese, leaving 4 open spaces for the eggs to be cracked later.
- Add cooked sausage to pizza, avoiding the areas where the eggs will be.
- Put your pizza pan into the oven. Cook pizza for 10 minutes.
- Crack eggs carefully into the 4 open areas. Put the pizza back into the oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Top with salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
- Slice and serve.