Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies are soft & chewy topped with a sensational Brown Sugar Frosting!
As we all get ready for Christmas next week, you are going to want to add these onto your baking list immediately!
These cookies are a tried and true recipe that we have been making for years over the holiday season!
They have the perfect consistency topped with the most incredible frosting that will have you trying to contain yourself from licking the bowl!
It gets its perfect flavor from the brown sugar and the butter along with the frosting, that just sends them over the top!
These cookies will keep for up to a week long in an airtight container!
The best way to tell when the cookies are about to be done, is look at the edges, you want them to be just browning yet the centers still look soft-ish.
Dont have brown sugar on hand? This recipe can also work with either light brown sugar or even white sugar, but the cookies will be more of a crumbly texture and not as chewy. If your cookies are end up being too crispy, try less baking time the next time around! As every ones ovens bake slightly differently.
These cookies are perfect for bake sales, holiday parties, cookie trays for Christmas or even for a weeknight dessert or even for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee!
The brown sugar contains molasses, so the flavor of these cookies is more than just a plain ole sugar cookie! I’m telling you, if you love brown sugar like I do, you’ll definitely be in love with these cookies.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat again.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough is uniform.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place 1-inch balls of dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before frosting.
- heat brown sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in butter until it is melted.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and whisk together until chunks are gone.
- Frosting will thicken a bit while it cools.
- If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more milk.
To prepare frosting: