Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies are melt in your mouth perfection made with real eggnog, sweet maraschino cherry centers and topped with an icing drizzle!
With Christmas only a couple weeks away now these cookies need to be on your bake list!!
Super simple ingredients create one of the best cookies you will ever have!
You don’t like cherries? you can leave them out and just frost them with the icing instead! Even add colorful holiday sprinkles!
Made with real creamy eggnog (my favorite holiday drink) and the flavor is outstanding! you can seriously taste the delicious eggnog in every bite!
Perfect for your cookie tray, bake sales or holiday gifts for friends and family! I have SO many cookie recipes you are going to want to check out my dessert section here on my website!!
Soft and slightly chewy- the perfect texture! They are crazy good! They are bursting with holiday flavor in every bite 🙂
I have a recipe here on the blog for homemade eggnog- please check out that recipe, it has so many rave reviews!!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 Maraschino cherries
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Rum extract, optional
For the optional drizzle:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and whipped, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggnog and rum extract and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients in the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Press a maraschino cherry into the centre of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before adding the optional drizzle.
- combine the powdered icing sugar, nutmeg and 2 Tablespoons of eggnog. Add the rum extract, if using. Beat until fully combined, adding more eggnog as needed to achieve a thick yet runny consistency.
- Scoop the drizzle mixture into a piping bag and make a small snip at the end. Drizzle over the cookies.
- Allow the drizzle to set before eating or storing.
To make the drizzle