Carrot Cake Roll is truly is the best carrot cake recipe! Perfectly moist, delicious and made with fresh carrots, then stuffed with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting filling.
Carrot cake in general is one of the most loved cake recipes because its insanely delish!
This would be wonderful for Easter or even for Valentines day! OR any holiday for that matter- everyone will be asking for this recipe once they take a bite! its truly a winner!
The filling is sensational- exactly what we all love about the frosting thats usually on top of our beloved carrot cake!
Its packed with fresh carrots! So you can get your veggies in 😉 Hey, it works right?
made with the perfect ratio of spices, just enough so that the flavors blend perfectly throughout this wonderfully moist cake! The best part is probably the rich and buttery cream cheese frosting filling the center in every single bite you take. Its the ultimate dessert match made in heaven!
Dont be intimidated by baking a cake roll is that It’s much easier to make than it looks! I promise! You can make the entire recipe, the cake and the cream cheese frosting, completely by hand. Using a mixer is not required!
If you don’t want to grate the carrots by hand, you dont need to, store bought works just as well and it will save you a step too! You can even grate them in your food processor, if you don’t feel like grating them by hand.
You can also add in chopped nuts such as pecans or even walnuts if you’d like! Even raisins would be awesome!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Carrot Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10-11 tbsp. milk
For the Cake:
For the Filling:
For the Glaze Drizzle:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang on each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and whisk.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and carrots and mix again until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl and fold to combine.
- Stir batter just until combined. Pour batter into the jelly roll pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes and remove the cake from the pan using the overhang on the sides.
- Lay cake on a large wood cutting board and gently roll the cake lengthwise.
- Carefully transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- combine confectioners sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully unroll the cake and spread the filling onto the cake, allowing for a small gap on all edges.
- Reroll the cake and wrap it tightly with plastic cling wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, combine the glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake and slice.
To prepare the filling,