Strawberry Moscato Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting is a sensational, moist strawberry cake soaked in sweet moscato and topped with the most heavenly homemade buttercream frosting!
You are going to love this cake! I am so super excited to share this recipe with you all because its so unique and extremely delicious!
If you have been following my blog for awhile now, you will know I have a ton of homemade layered cakes that are all immensely popular and have gone viral! All these cakes are wonderful for potlucks, bake sales or for parties!
Please be sure to use the search bar here on the blog and just type ‘cakes’ to see all of my incredible ones!
I am a huge fan of using my favorite alcohols in my cakes because not only does it make the cake ultra moist but it creates the most intense flavorful cakes you will ever try!
This one right here, I made with my all time favorite dessert wine- Moscato! Its a huge girl night favorite drink and now in cake form?! have mercy because I can feel my hips starting to expand LOL
Not only do I love drinking moscato but now you’ll all enjoy eating it too just as much as I do! I will even enjoy a big cold glass while having a slice! watch out! lol
I store all of my finished cakes in airtight containers in the fridge, its best eaten within 5 days if refrigerated or 2 days if on the counter.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Moscato Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- 4 large eggs,
- 1 1/2 C strawberry puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup Moscato
- 2 to 3 drops Pink gel food coloring
- 3 C cake flour
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 10 large strawberries sliced thinly to go in-between the cake layers
- 1/2 cup moscato reserved- saved for after its baked
- 3 - 8 oz box, cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Makes 1 9 inch 3 layer cake
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the cake pans with pam baking spray, set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, strawberry puree, moscato, vanilla, strawberry extract, pink food coloring, whisk until combined
- Using a standing mixer, whisk together the cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined
- Slowly beat in the butter and canola oil until combined
- Once the mixture looks like coarse sand, gradually beat in the egg mixture until combined. The batter will be very thick and fluffy but so good!
- Evenly divide the cake batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pans 10 min. then turn out.
- drizzel the remaining 1/2 cup of moscato over each cake evenly (more if desired)
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy and stiff with peaks
- Once cake rounds have cooled, remove from cake pans and place onto a cutting board
- Using the cake leveler, remove the domes of the cakes
- Place one cake round onto the cake board
- Scoop 1 C of the frosting onto the middle of the cake
- Using the angled spatula, smooth the frosting out
- Layer some thinly sliced strawberries onto the frosting
- Place the second cake layer onto the first layer
- Repeat steps with the frosting and remaining cake layer
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag and set aside
- Once you have built your cake, scoop the remaining frosting onto the top of the cake and use the angled spatula to smooth it out
- Frost the entire cake until smooth
- Using the piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the top of the cake
- Place sliced strawberries onto the dollops
Strawberry Moscato Cake directions
Directions to prepare the cake: