Cheerio Christmas Tree Treats are the most delicious, marshmallow-y, festive spin on Krispy Treats EVER!
I adore Rice Krispie treats in general ever since I was a little girl and I’ve never outgrown it to this day.
I always love to try to come up with different and delicious ideas using different cereals for krispy treats:
(be sure to search my site for my Lucky Charm treats and my fruit pebble treats!)
My next version will probably be Golden Grahams or Rice Chex!
So stay tuned for those!
These are not only yummy as heck but also SO DARN CUTE!
everyone raves over how cute and scrumptious they are 🙂
Great for the Holidays and many different cereals can be used to yield many yummy types of treats!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheerio Christmas Tree Treats!
- 6 cups of Cheerios
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups of mini marshmallows
- green food coloring
- red, yellow and green M&M candy
- Pour the Cheerios into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows on low-medium heat, constantly stirring until the mix is smooth.
- Add the marshmallow mix and food coloring to the Cheerios. Stir until it's evenly coated.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray (trust me, you'll want to make sure to do this!) and grab a handful of the Cheerio mix, shaping it into a tree.
- Place them on a sheet of waxed paper.
- While they are still sticky, place red and green M&M candies on the tree as ornaments.
- Place a yellow M&M candy on top as a star.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving!