Cheesy Baked Zucchini Casserole can be made low carb or with the amazing crescent roll crust! either way, its incredibly delicious, cheesy and flavorful!
I love to use zucchini in so many different recipes , especially this time of year when its everywhere!
You can make this low carb and keto friendly if you just do everything except add the crescent rolls as the crust- just pour the mixture straight into the baking dish for an amazing side dish everyone will love!
I have made it both ways and you will love it either way, I promise! You can add in a variety of proteins if you want to make it into a full dinner– some great options would be chopped sausage, ground beef or even grilled chicken!
I have baked this recipe 5 times already and each time I try a new cheese, its a wonderful way to fit in your veggies and get a nice amount of protein while you’re at it!
It has lots of flavor , the eggs just help hold it all together. It could even be eaten for breakfast! It surpasses every ones expectations and I plan on making this over the holidays, everyone will be raving over it!
Its not only extremely yummy, its also inexpensive to make, beautiful to look at and a great nutritious recipe!
It pairs well with so many different meats as well, grilled chicken, pork chops, steak – you name it! If you want to lower the fat, just use low fat cheeses 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Casserole
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 8 oz of shredded provolone or asiago
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese or Gruyere
- 1 Tb parsley
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1 Tb dried oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 4 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with pam or grease with butter
- Open the can of crescent dough and roll it into your baking dish
- In a large, semi deep skillet, add in the butter, oil, onions and zucchini - cook until slightly tender, around 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the spices, heavy cream and eggs together until combined
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the zucchini and mix well
- add in your cheeses and stir to combine
- Pour the mixture on top of the crescent rolls lining the baking dish
- bake for 40- 45 min or until slightly browned on top