Nana’s Coconut Pie is another one of my late grandmothers insanely delicious pie recipes that I needed to share with you all! With baking season right around the corner, this is a must make!
I always appreciated how simple her delicious pie recipes were, you would think they came straight out of a bakery!
This is a tried-and-true old-fashioned coconut pie recipe that is sure to impress! Perfect for the holidays, bake sales, pot lucks or any occasion!
I beg you – please, pleaseeeee – do not put cool whip on this incredible pie. If you are going to go to all the trouble of making a coconut pie from scratch, please take the time to whip up real whipped cream. It is so worth it. It makes all the difference!
Its delicious as is or topped with homemade whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or extra toasted coconut or even caramel!
I made this pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas last year as well as for 3 bake sales! my whole family loved it! It has a natural, not too sweet flavor to it. You will adore this pie. I know many people always ask me to post easy recipes here on the blog because not everyone is an expert baker, so this pie is wonderful if you consider yourself a beginner- it’s not the most difficult pie to make!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Makes 8 servings.
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, or use your favorite homemade crust or store-bought
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup coconut flakes, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and salt until they reach a nice lemony color.
- Add in the flour and blend well, before beating in the milk.
- Fold 1 cup of coconut into the pie filling and then pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle remaining ½ coconut over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 1 hour, and then cool completely on a wire rack.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.