Cheesy Beefy Baked Spaghetti is insanely delicious as it is easy! Layers of melty cheese and seasoned beef make one incredible dinner!
This amazing baked spaghetti is one of my favorite casseroles ever!
Tons melted cheese and seasoned beef, it is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a week-night dinner everyone will love!
Everyone is sure to LOVE it!!! My family loves it too. It certainly isn’t health food but it takes the crown for comfort food!
You can use whatever blend of cheeses you like best, romano and parmesan I always love to add one or the other, or even both!
It truly is a 5 star recipe!
1. it’s easy to put together
2. it uses readily available ingredients
3. it is easy to modify, and it tastes incredible!
EVERYONE loved this at my last family gathering. You could hear everyone saying “Yum..this is soo good.” 🙂 So don’t hesitate to make this for any group. Make it just as stated. Easy to transport and heat it up at someone else’s house too.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheesy Beefy Baked Spaghetti
- 1 box (16 oz) spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 jar (24 oz) meatless pasta sauce
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, divided OR Ricotta
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time:50-60 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente
- While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until just about done
- Add onion and cook until no pink remains in beef and onions are soft
- Add garlic, pepper, onion powder, parsley and basil and stir together
- Stir in pasta sauce
- Bring to simmer and cook 5-6 minutes or until flavors have combined well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Remove pasta from stove and drain well, transfer to large bowl
- Add eggs, salt and butter to pasta and toss to combine
- Place half of the pasta mixture in the baking dish
- Add half of the meat sauce, then half of the cottage cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese
- Repeat layers
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving
- Serve with fresh herbs if desired