This Cheesy Tuna Casserole is great for an everyday family meal, and is easy on the budget too!
Loaded with tuna & creamy cheese, it’s pure comfort food!
Perfectly paired with crusty garlic bread, it’s heaven on a plate!
This recipe was so good that my family literally inhaled the whole pot! No leftovers in sight!
We have this delicious one pot meal on our weekly dinner rotation!
I added the classic peas to mine, but you can add any of your favorite veggies or even broccoli is a wonderful addition! It’s very versatile!
You can top with crispy onions or even cheesy breadcrumbs to make it even better!
You can use any tuna that you’d like but I prefer albacore because I find it’s flavor to be the best!
This meal is easy on your wallet and is insanely delicious what more could you ask for?!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 (5 oz.) cans albacore tuna
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, combine the uncooked pasta, tuna, milk, water, butter and paprika.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stir, and cover.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and the fresh peas.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce as desired.