🍒Cherry Fluff Salad🍒 takes only a few minutes & ingredients you already have in your pantry, to create the perfect potluck dish that everyone will love!!
One of my all time favorite dessert recipes that everyone goes crazy over!
Its very similar to ambrosia salad but I don’t add any coconut to mine, though you definitely could!
Back in the early 1960’s version a lot of people used sour cream instead of cool whip, mainly because I dont think it was even invented yet? but using sour cream makes it not so sweet, but I love mine sweet 🙂
You could also use vanilla yogurt too if you’re opposed to cool whip, it wont have the ‘fluff’ to it that cool whip creates but it sure is yummy as well!
I love this salad because it brings back wonderful childhood memories!
Its also very versatile because you can substitute the fruit for any your family will eat!
This is my kind of ‘salad’ 😉
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Cherry Fluff Salad!
- 1 20-oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 20-oz can fruit cocktail salad, drained
- Juice from can of fruit cocktail salad
- 1 16oz maraschino cherries NO STEMS cut in half
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-oz container Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. powder sugar
- Use a mixer to combine cream cheese, whipped topping, powder sugar, fruit cocktail salad juice, in a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Fold in all fruit, marshmallows and nuts.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving.