Chocolate Kahlua Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is an impressive and beautiful cake that is kahlua soaked, moist and topped with a heavenly strawberry buttercream, then finished off with drizzled ganache!
Your friends and family are sure to love this chocolate cake- It’s incredible all by itself or with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
It has the perfect texture and is undeniably moist and chocolatey! The kahlua makes it ultra rich and delicious– the strawberry buttercream really compliments the chocolate cake beautifully!
The addition of the chocolate ganache really creates one gorgeous looking cake. Perfect for a loved ones birthday cake or any occasion where you really want to show off your baking skills!
You can make this cake the night before a party, and it’s even better the next day.
Sitting overnight really makes the chocolate cake even more scrumptious!
This Chocolate Cake will forever change the way you think about regular ole layered cakes! Its so ultra rich and decadent, yet melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
This kahlua soaked, strawberry buttercream frosted, ganache topped cake is worthy of every special occasion you can think of. Once you take a bite of this cake, you’ll just make up occasions to bake it for! LOL
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 3 C flour
- 3 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 C special dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C warm water
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting ingredients:
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C finely diced strawberries
- 5-7 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Strawberries for topping
- 1 large piping bag fitted with star tip
- Large ice cream scooper
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 large squeeze bottle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray three 9 in cake pans with pam baking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the espresso, kahlua and the warm water until combined
- Using your standing mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa
- powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined
- Gradually add in the eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, espresso, oil and
- vanilla extract until combined and
- Divide the batter between the 3 pans
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until a tooth pick
- comes out clean
- Allow cakes to cool for 20 minutes
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, powdered
- sugar, diced strawberries and heavy whipping cream until combined and
- creamy and stiff with peaks
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag
Directions to build the cake
- Place 1 layer of cake onto the cake board
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop out 4-6 scoops of frosting and
- smooth evenly on one layer of cake
- Place another layer of cake on top and spread more frosting
- Place the last layer on top and frost the remaining cake with remaining frosting
Chocolate ganache directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a
- heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour ganache into the squeeze bottle
- Pipe dollops of ganache over the edge of the cake
- Pipe dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake
- Place strawberries into the dollops of frosting
- Cut and serve and enjoy
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.