As you might already know, chocolate and kahlua go amazing together!
But these, my friends? are something that need to go down in history as sinful!
Especially in cupcake form!
The filling is outstanding!
Perfect for that cookout this weekend!!
Keep them away from the kids 😉
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chocolate Kahlua Cupcakes!
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 3/4 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 cup of kahlua
- 1 bottle of chocolate fudge
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon kahlua
- 9 oz semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C softened cream cheese butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Chocolate kahlua filling
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- Bring heavy whipping cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined and the bowl starts to look like chocolate sauce.
- Let sit until cooled.
- Core out the center of the cupcake and scoop some filling into the cupcake.
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk,water, kahlua and oil.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add in all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- If powder sugar pebbles form, add 1-2 TBSP more of heavy cream
- If the frosting is too thin add 1/2 C more of powder sugar
- Mix until the the frosting becomes stiff and doesn't fall off a spoon.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and frost the cupcakes starting at the base in a circular motion.
- Drizzle the chocolate fudge on top of the frosting
For Cupcake Filling
Kahlua Cupcake Directions:
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
Directions to prep cupcakes:
MY OTHER RECIPES