Have you ever tried American Goulash before? It’s probably my most favorite meal to prepare!
I completely ADORE pasta in pretty much any shape or form as it is and this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your house!
It tastes INCREDIBLE, no pun intended. Its very easy to throw together and it is wonder with a side of cornbread or biscuits!
To make it even better? It’s super easy too! You don’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen to make this meal for your family. You can eat it as is or top it with cheese as I have done with my personal bowl! If you are a cheese-loving family like we are, you can serve the old fashioned goulash with shredded parmesan cheese.
Its perfect for dinner or if you need to feed a crowd! This is a ultra simple one-pot, stove top dinner made of seasoned meat, tomatoes and noodles and it always manages to hit the spot.
You will have many, many happy tummies after this one. This recipe has been on my food blog for recipes and it is my #1 most visited and raved about recipe. It has over 200 Million views on its recipe video on my Facebook page!
It has so much flavor and with being one of my daughter and husbands favorite meals its made often in our home!
It pairs perfectly with a salad (thats usually what we have with it)
What It Goulash?
Many people when they hear “Goulash” think of the version that originated in Hungary hundreds of years ago, it is one of their most popular dishes to this day. This Old Fashioned goulash is the american version so it is essentially a soup made with meat, tomatoes and noodles. That is the version we know and love here in America. Goulash is a very economical meal for anyone.
I have literally made this about 3 times this month as it is, the family can’t get enough of this delicious pot of YUM!
See! Dinner doesnt have to always be difficult!
Even though goulash is considered a type soup by some people, I like mine thicker so that it is more of a pasta . If you like yours more like a soup, just simply increase the beef broth by 1 cup.
Trust me, right after that pic right there,
that forkful went right into my mouth! LOL
You can use any type of pasta that you would like but the elbows just work well with this one!
Depending on where you are from, some people call it America Chop Suey!
This is such an old, old recipe, its super hearty and simple to throw together!
Its comfort food at its best!
No matter what you call it- its mouthwatering delicious. This Old fashioned goulash recipe makes a big enough batch to leave plenty of leftovers! It reheats wonderfully, making it great for lunches throughout the week. The leftovers will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, but it’s so yummy that you’ll likely finish it by before then.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook & PIN IT!
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large Yellow onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 T Adobo Seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 T seasoned salt
- 1/2 T black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large pan, saute your ground meat in skillet over medium-high heat until HALF cooked, remove from heat.
- Add garlic, onions, olive oil & until meat is fully cooked.
- Add water and broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt, pepper and adobo seasoning. Mix well.
- Lower heat and cover - allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the uncooked elbow macaroni to the skillet, stir well until everything is combined
- Cover once again and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves
- Add only the cheddar cheese and mix until combined
- Add mozzarella right before serving
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers