Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an ultra rich & creamy pie topped with a thick chocolate topping and sitting on a perfect shortbread crust!
Its not a surprise that this pie is a hit anywhere that ive served it- everyone I know LOVES peanut butter & chocolate!
You can keep it in the fridge but for some reason i like mine out of the freezer, its just a preference though!
This pie is literally one of my obsessions and I have to really contain myself when I make it, because I will eat the whole darn thing!
You can add some toppings to this pie! I think chopped reeses cups to the top would be downright dangerous!
You can really get creative with toppings! Even m&ms, chocolate shavings or peanuts!
You CAN make this pie a no bake by using a premade crust or doing a simple graham cracker crust but the added shortbread crust is out of this world and I do recommend it!
You could even do a chocolate premade crust or a added thin layer of chocolate pudding even- so many possibilies!
This pie recipe is amazing and not soupy like many other pie recipes ive tried in the past!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie!
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the shortbread Crust:
For the Pie Filling:
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; add into butter mixture.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 10-12 minutes OR until golden brown then place in the fridge
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form and transfer to a small bowl. Chill whipped cream in the fridge.
- Cream together cream cheese, cool whip and sugar in the stand mixer until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream and pour into the pie crust.
- Spread top into an even layer and chill in the fridge.
- Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat just until it starts to boil. Add chocolate chips to medium bowl and pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes and stir until the chocolate topping is smooth- allow it cool before pouring over the pie. Spread into an even layer and chill in the fridge so it fully sets. Slice and serve.
To make the crust:
To make the filling
To Make the chocolate topping