This Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf is everyone’s favorite Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich in a juicy cheese stuffed meatloaf form!
This takes traditional meatloaf and takes it to a whole other level of awesome!
It’s perfect served with garlic mashed potatoes (My personal favorite), by itself if you’re watching carbs, or even sliced on a bread roll!
The cheese options are endless! Feel free to use your favorite kind! I stuffed this version with Mozzarella but provolone would be a great option as well! Not a huge fan of the philly style? Try this awesome Air Fryer Meatloaf, its sure to be a hit!
The cheese on top gets slightly crispy, the inside is juicy meatloaf stuffed with loads of cheesy melted perfection!
As incredible as the classic Philly cheese steak sandwiches are they aren’t all that great for dinnertime. this meatloaf takes everything that is so wonderful about the sandwich and makes it into a full dinner that’s perfect with mashed potatoes and a veggie.
Say goodbye to boring old meatloaf and introduce your family to this amazing version! Adapted from a mix of here & here 🙂
ever since i first made this recipe, my family has been hardcore craving it!
The next day i sliced a piece off and put it onto a roll for lunch – best lunch ever!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped small
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped optional family loves them I hate them
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs regular, italian style or panko
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices of mozzarella OR provolone cheese i used mozz (Thick CUT)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium skillet sauté the diced onion & peppers in oil until tender & soft.
- Once peppers and onions are cooked, you then mix them in with the rest of the ingredients, including meat & milk - (except sliced cheese) in a large mixing bowl. Work mixture with your hands until fully incorporated.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with pam spray or butter or even olive oil, then take exactly HALF of the mixture & place into the prepared loaf pan
- Top it with 4 slices of your choice of cheese
- Place the remaining meat mixture on top of the cheese BUT reserving the last 4 slices, set those aside
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven, top with the last 4 slices, sprinkle with parsley then put back into the oven for a remaining 10-15 minutes OR until the cheese is melted to your liking (i like mine a bit crispy)
- Let stand a few minutes before removing from the pan, then serve.