Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake is a melt in your mouth sweet bread covered in a sensational cream cheese buttercream frosting!
Super simple to make and it is always a hit at every christmas party!
This incredible cake is the perfect cake for Christmas! This is one of the most delicious cranberry cakes you will ever taste! Its so moist & sweet filled with tart cranberries and white chocolate chips- all rolled into one amazing pound cake base!
Once you take a bite, you will need to finish the entire piece- its that good! You need to make this for your dessert table, your guests will definitely love it.
My family and friends always rave about how they love getting a loaf of this as a gift every year! They always say It was one of the most delicious cakes they have ever had. This recipe would even work for Valentines day and gives you another reason and occasion to make this crazy yummy loaf!
Perfect for bake sales too! you can even make it in advance and frost it later to get ahead! It is unique, beautiful and perfect!!
This incredible loaf cake is sure to become a family baking tradition!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or almond extract
- 9 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 oz.cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, or more to make it thick enough to spread on top of the cake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted poured over the cake
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter the inside of two 5-by-9-inch cake loaf pans.
- in a medium sized bowl combine the flour and salt
- In another bowl add your butter and sugar , mix until fluffy on high speed
- add in vanilla or almond extract then mix until incorporated
- One by one add your eggs, mixing in between each added egg
- Little by little add the flour in mixing in between adding making sure its well mixed
- Flour your cranberries in a separate bowl (prevents sinking)
- Then add them and your white chocolate in and fold into the batter
- Divide the batter between your two pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before removing, once removed let them cool completely before attempting to frost!
- cream together your softened butter and cream cheese until smooth, then slowly add in your vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix until smooth
- Spread on top of the completely cooled cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge until the frosting is set on top
- Sprinkle the cake with dried cranberries and nuts.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle with a spoon over the finished cake
For the frosting: